A Trip Down Memory Lane

So this is a long one, guys! Probably the longest oneshot I've ever published. I'm not really sure if this is good enough or not, I was really doubting whether I should publish this or not, but I decided why not just let you all decide. I really hope you like this, let me know! Thank you for everything and have a lovely day ♥

~***~

Your eyebrows furrowed in confusion as you wandered through the homely looking flat. You turned in circles, gazing at the wall covered with bullet holes, the yellow smiley face on the black and white wallpaper, the carpet that laid on the hardwood floors, and the worn down chairs. Your slightly shaking hands picked up a skull and you inspected it closely, wondering if it was real or not. You placed it back in its original place and bit your lip ever so slightly. Your feet began to slowly carry you to the kitchen and then towards the bedroom. The door opened with a click and you entered the perfectly clean room. You sat down on the bed and let your fingers trace the patterns on the bedsheet as you wondered why none of this seemed familiar to you. You looked at the many photos resting on the nightstand next to the bed. The only person you recognised was yourself. You frowned as you saw the man who stood suspiciously close to you. He was holding your hand and staring at you with a soft smile on his face. An unsettling feeling spread in your stomach and you quickly placed the photo back on the wooden table. You hurriedly got up and went back to the main room where you previously found yourself waking up on the couch. You were completely lost in your surroundings and had no clue where you were or how you got there. Nothing in this flat seemed familiar to you and pictures suggesting otherwise sent shivers down your spine. You were so confused and desperate for answers that you started to cry. A part of you wanted to open the front door and run away from this intimidating place, but you were too afraid of getting lost or hurt. Your lips trembled as you let yourself drop onto the couch, sobs shaking your entire body. All sense of a life you had supposedly been living was gone and you didn't even know your own name. The only thing you could possibly ask yourself was what was going on.

Your head snapped up as you suddenly heard heavy footsteps walk up a pair of stairs. A deep voice sang along to a familiar sounding song. ''Ain't no sunshine when she's gone. It's not warm when she's away. Ain't no sunshine when she's gone. She's always gone too long anytime she goes away.'' The music and the singing got louder every passing second, and you were so caught up in the music that you didn't realise that the front door had opened. It wasn't until the music was turned off that you snapped out of the trance you were in. You jumped up from the couch and backed away, eyes widened in fright at the sight of the man who you had seen in a few pictures during your discovery of your surroundings. His face softened as he noticed the tears on your face. ''Hey, hey, what happened, Love?'' He asked, coming closer to you. You accidentally let out a shriek of fear as he reached out to touch you. He instantly froze and scanned you with his eyes. Your heart was pounding in your chest as your ragged breaths created a heavy weight on your chest. ''Darling, what's wrong? Have I done something to upset you so much you don't want me to touch you anymore?'' He sounded sad and through your fear, you started to feel bad for him despite not knowing the man at all. ''Darling?'' The man said softly, trying to get you to answer him. ''Stop calling me that!'' You snapped, losing control of your emotions. Pain was evident in his eyes as he took a step back. He remained silent and simply let his eyes wander over your body. You felt exposed for some reason and wrapped your arms around yourself. 

The need for answers got the better of you and you simply couldn't keep it in any longer. You just had to know what was going on. ''Who are you and why am I here?'' You barked, trying to come off as intimidating while in reality, you were scared to death. The man in front of you chuckled. ''Are you playing games with me again, Love?'' Tears welled up in your eyes as your current situation overwhelmed you. ''I don't know what you're talking about!'' You sobbed, collapsing on the couch again. His face fell as he realised you weren't joking around at all. ''No, no, no, no.'' He mumbled. He kneeled down in front of you and grabbed your hands, trying to gently pull them away from your slightly red face. ''Let me go!'' You yelled, attempting to pull your hands back. ''Ssh shh, it's okay.'' He tried to calmly soothe you. ''Look at me.'' He encouraged softly. For a reason you didn't know, your fear slowly melted away and you found enough courage to stop protesting and look at him. His eyes stared intently into yours, a pained and caring expression on his face as he tried to read you. You found yourself melting at the sight of his beautiful and unique eyes and you couldn't get yourself to break eye contact. There was something about him that lured you into his trap. You were still unsure whether you could trust this guy, but the loving look in his eyes and the way he gently held your hands in his kept that doubt in the back of your mind.