-4-

The time passed quickly and it was soon the twins birthday. Cassiopeia and Sirius each had their own group of friends. Cass had Lily, Alice, Poppy, Marlene and Dorcas, whereas Sirius had Remus, James and Peter. However, they did often hang out as a big group. Marlene and Dorcas had taken charge of planning the twins a surprise party, with Remus as an advisor. Poppy, Lily, James and Sebastian had to distract the twins when the day came (it was a Saturday), Alice was on decorations and Peter was on food. They planned on inviting a few others in their year, Emmeline Vance (a Ravenclaw), Kira Takahashi (a Ravenclaw as well), Frank Longbottom (a fellow Gryffindor) and Kingsley Shacklebolt (also a Gryffindor). The day of October 3rd dawned and almost everything was ready. Cassiopeia woke early, like she always did, had a quick shower and got dressed. Lily and Poppy were awake and chatting by this time.

"Good morning Cass. Beautiful day isn't it?"

"Morning Lily, it is quite nice. It feels like a special day. Don't you think?"

"Nah, it feels normal to me." Lily said, biting her cheek to stop herself from laughing. Cass raised her eyebrows.

"Are you sure there's nothing special happening today?"

"Oh yeah! There is!"
"Whats happening then?"

"We've got to finish our potions project with Poppy. James, Sebastian and Sirius are doing theirs at the same time in the library."

"Oh." Cass said, looking down.

"What's up Cass?" Poppy said, frowning.

"What? Did I miss something?" Lily said at the same time.

"No no. There's nothing." Cass said.

"Okay well let's go get breakfast." Poppy smiled.

"I'm going to get Sirius first." Cass said. Lily nodded.

"See you down there then."

"Yeah." Cassiopeia did her best not to sprint out of the room. Lily and Poppy exchanged grins.

"Alice! Get up!." Poppy screamed. Alice groaned.

"Fine. You guys can do the other two." She dragged herself out of her bed and into the shower.

"Marlene get you lazy butt out of bed and start preparing the decorations!" Lily said. Dorcas sat up.

"Excuse me but I am trying to sleep." She scowled.

"Too late get up!" Poppy said. Dorcas groaned.

"Do I have too?"

"Yes." Lily said, grabbing the covers off of Marlene's bed.

"Lily do me a favour and go away." Marlene groaned.

"No. It's Cass' birthday and you too are going to bloody well help with the party if it kills me. So up!" Marlene and Dorcas simultaneously groaned and stood up, racing to the bathroom.

"Wait Alice is--" Lily began but Marlene had already opened the door. Alice screamed and threw her shoe at the door.

"Close it!" She shrieked. Marlene didn't need to be told twice. She closed the door and buried herself in her bedcovers. Dorcas was killing herself with laughter.

"Your face!" She managed to gasp out between laughs. Marlene emerged and stuck her tongue out. Lily rolled her eyes.

"I'm going to breakfast." She said.

"I'll come." Poppy said.

"Wait for me!" Alice called, rushing out of the bathroom. Dorcas raced for the bathroom next.

"Ha Marls! I got here first."

"Sirius! Wakey wakey!" Cass barged into the boys dorm, which was still dark.

"Eggs and bacey." Sirius mumbled into his pillow.

"Happy birthday bro!"

"Happy Birthday Cassie." Sirius sat up.

"I think the girls have forgotten." She said sadly.

"Who needs them when you've got the guys?" Sirius said.

"It's up time boys, let's go!" Cass said. James groaned, Remus threw a pillow at her, Sebastian sat up and Peter kept on snoring. Cass dodged the pillow and stuck her tongue out at Remus. The boys got ready whilst Cass waited outside. Sirius came out first.

"Nothing, no happy birthdays or anything." Sirius sighed.

"Wanna get some breakfast? To take you mind off of it." Cass said.

"Sure."

•••

Cass slid in beside Poppy, Sirius sat across from her. Frank Longbottom and Kingsley Shaklebolt were sitting on the other side of Cass. They were soon joined by Alice, Marlene, Dorcas, Sebastian, Remus and James.

"Is Peter still asleep?" Sirius asked.

"Yup, still snoozing." James said. Sirius snorted and went back to his cereal.

"Cass, do you have any ideas for the potions
project?" Lily asked. Cass shrugged.

"I forgot we were doing that today." Sebastian groaned.

"It's alright mate, we'll get through it together." James said.

"Who're you with?" Sirius asked Remus.
"Peter and Kingsley."

"Then who are you with Frank?" Alice asked.

"Severus Snape and Oliver Nott." Frank pulled a face.

"Speaking of potions projects, we should probably get started on ours." Cass said.

"Good idea, come on Pop." Lily said. Poppy groaned.

"You too boys." Cass said. Sirius, James and Sebastian stood up and followed Lily and Poppy out of the hall.