-33-

"What the hell happened to you?" James said. Cass sat Remus down on the couch and conjured a bowl of ice and a cloth. She wrapped up some ice and handed it to Remus.

"It should stop any swelling that could happen." She said.

"Jesus Christ Rem, did you get into a fight or something?" Sirius said.

"You should see the other guy." Remus joked. No one laughed.

"Who was the other guy?" James asked. Remus looked anxiously at Cass. Cass nodded.

"Uhh, Regulas Black." Remus mumbled.

"What!?" James, Peter and Sirius shouted. Remus groaned.

"Shut up will you?"

"I swear, when I get my hands on him I-" Sirius started.

"You'll do nothing Sirius. Leave it alone." Cass said sternly.

"But he-"

"And I hit him back. It's fair. Leave it." Remus said. Sirius still didn't look convinced.

"If he ever tries anything like that again, I'll hit him so hard he-"

"I can handle myself Sirius." Remus said. "I was just sticking up for Cass."

"And what was he doing to Cass?" Sirius said, his anger rising again.

"Nothing important Sirius, for gods sake leave it alone."

"He has no right-"

"It's done Sirius, leave it be." Cass said tiredly. "I'm going to bed."

"Night Cass." Remus said. Cass disappeared upstairs.

"What was Regulas doing to Cass Remus?" Sirius asked lowly.

"Just saying shit about your family." Remus said. "Like how she's a 'blood traitor' and all that shite."

"Dickhead." Sirius muttered.

"He was also saying something about how Cass doesn't have any female friends but I didn't really understand the context. Apart from that Noah boy had just left I think." Remus said.

"That little bitch." Sirius said.

"What? Yes she does." James said.

"Yes but that's not how it'll come across in a letter to Avery." Sirius murmured.

"Pardon?"

"Nothing. I'll kill him. I'm sick of him." Sirius stood up.

"For the last time Sirius, don't. Cass told you not to and she seemed pretty certain." Remus said, pushing him back down.

"I don't care!"

"Don't do it mate." Peter said. "He's not worth it." Sirius slumped down. James patted his arm.

"Oh, and I also called him a wanker."

•••

The weekend rolled around quickly. Saturday passed in a blur of homework and the Hogsmede visit loomed. Cass was dreading her lunch with Avery. She was pretty sure Regulas had written to him and told him about Noah and probably how she was spending time with Remus, James and Peter.

"You ready to go?" Lily said.

"I guess." Cass said. She sighed slightly.

"I take it you're not excited for your date then." Lily said.

"What? No I can't wait I-"