-98-

The last thing that Noah was expecting to see when we woke up was no one. He propped himself up on his pillows and looked groggily around the room. No Cass. He looked in his palm where Cass' necklace sat. Noah stared at it. Why would Cass leave behind her necklace? He was pretty sure she hadn't taken it off since he had given it to her two birthdays ago.

"Healer Jones." Noah shouted. Maybe she had just gone for a cup of tea. No one came into the room. Noah sighed and slowly managed to get to his feet. He clutched onto the bed frame for support and staggered through to the hallway.

"Mr Rosenthal! What are you doing out of bed?" Healer Jones asked, hurrying over to support him. Noah waved her off.

"Where's the girl who was in my room last?" He said urgently. "Black hair, grey eyes, really pretty."

"No one has left your room." Healer Jones said. "I haven't seen anyone enter or leave it since she did this morning."

"Well, she's not there now." Noah said, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion. "She must've passed you on her way out. She can't have just disappeared."

"No ones gone past the desk." Healer Jones said. "You need to get back to bed."

"I need to find her." Noah insisted.

"You're in no fit state to go any further." Healer Jones said firmly. "I will have someone check the tea room, and I will ask down at the front desk. Only if you go back to bed."

"Fine." Noah said reluctantly. Healer Jones went to take his arm. "I can manage."

"Noah? What are you doing out of bed?" Grace said, looking surprised. She had a box of chocolate frogs and a chess board tucked under her arm.

"Grace, please tell me Cass is back at Hogwarts." Noah said. Grace shook her head.

"No? I'm supposed to tell her to go back now." She said. "Where is she?" Noah's heart sank.

"I don't know." He said.

"Bed, now." Healer Jones instructed. Grace took Noah's arm and guided him back to bed.

"She can't have just disappeared." Grace assured. "She'll just be getting something to eat or something."

"Yeah." Noah said uncertainly.

"So how are you? Feeling alright?" Grace said.

"I'm okay, I am. I just need to know where Cass is. She left her necklace." Noah said. "But she must have left it on purpose, it was in my hand."

"What?" Grace asked. "Your hand?"

"Yes." Noah said. "She hasn't taken it off since I gave it to her for her birthday the year before last." Grace seemed stumped, she did not speak for a few minutes.

"Mr Rosenthal, there is no girl that matches your description in the tea room and reception haven't seen anyone of that description leave." Healer Jones popped her head back in. The colour drained from Noah's face.

"Maybe she is back at Hogwarts already then." Grace said. "Don't panic yet."

"Don't panic?" Noah said. "Of course I'm panicking!" Grace bit her lip.

"You'll stress yourself out and make yourself worse."
She said. "Try and rest."

"Drink this." Healer Jones said, handing him a potion. "It'll calm you down." Noah gulped it back. "You'll feel very drowsy, so try and get some sleep. I'll contact the school."

•••

Professor McGonagall hurried into the great hall. She could see Sirius from the staff table, he was laughing at something James had said. A heavy feeling of guilt came over the Professor.