-42-

Sirius,
I hope my owl managed to follow my instructions and go straight to your window, I don't want you to get in trouble because of me. Thanks ever so much for the present, just what I wanted. I'll give you yours when we get back to Hogwarts, I didn't think it would fit through your window in all honesty. I miss you too. My parents are driving me up the wall with all the talk about being careful during this dark times, you-know-who is getting stronger blah blah. I hope nothings gone too badly with your parents. Don't worry about replying if it's too risky, I'll see you on the train.
Love,
Remus xx

Sirius smiled, the first he had since he arrived at Grimmauld Place. He pocketed the letter, fed the owl a treat and sent it on its way. He didn't want to risk writing another letter in case Walburga suddenly decided to burst in. He checked the calendar he had hung in the wall. It was New Years Day. Only a few more days until he could go back to Hogwarts. He heard the heavy footseteps of Orion coming upstairs and quickly shoved the letter under his mattress. There was no telling what was coming. His heart pounded as the door unlocked and swung open.

"Get into your dress robes." Orion sneered. "Family are coming."

"Which family?" Sirius asked. "Sir." He added quickly.

"Druella and Cygnus, Rodolphus and Bellatrix, Narcissa and Lucius and Avery and his family." Orion drawled. Sirius scowled. That sounded like the worst dinner party there could ever be. Orion surveyed Sirius' room. There was Gryffindor banners all over the walls, photos of muggle vehicles, photos of muggle girls and a few photos of Sirius and his friends. "What the hell do you think your playing at, having all of this rubbish put up?" Orion snapped. Sirius shrugged. "Get rid of it!" The door slammed. It wasn't the first time he had said this. Sirius had refused point blank last time and to stop them from doing it themselves he had put a permanent sticking charm on them all last Christmas. Sirius stared at them guiltily. He shook the thoughts from his mind and got changed quickly. He waited impatiently for someone to come and open the door. Regulas did, after a considerable amount of time.

"That's Narcissa and Lucius arriving." He said. Sirius nodded curtly and waited for him to leave. Regulas waited for a moment, as if he was about to say something. Sirius raised an eyebrow. Regulas hurried away downstairs. Cass waited for Sirius at the top of the stairs. She kept glancing down them anxiously.

"Just got a letter from Remus." He muttered.

"Is he alright?" Cass asked.

"Seems to be, just said his parents are worried about you-know-who."

"Expect ours will be over the moon." Cass said darkly. "He's all for wiping out muggleborns."

"Cassiopeia!" Walburga shrieked up the stairs. Cass hastily ran down them. Sirius plodded down behind her. He sat down beside Regulas but didn't look at anyone. Cass had been sucked into a conversation with Avery and Rodolphus. She watched Sirius nervously. He was clearly sick of being treated like they were being. Cass couldn't blame him, she barely slept in fear of the nightmares that plagued her. Avery nudged her sharply in the ribs.

"I was just telling Rodolphus you're sitting O.W.Ls this year." He said. Cass nodded, her eyes watering slightly.

"Which ones?" Rodolphus asked.

"Transfiguration, charms, potions, astronomy, Herbology, History of Magic, ancient runes, arithmacy and Defence Against the Dark Arts." Cass said. Rodolphus and Avery exchanged extremely dark looks at the mention of her last subjects.

"And what do you think of Defence against the Dark Arts?" Rodolphus said.

"I think it's very useful." Cass said. "With all these attacks happening."