-48-

"I told you so." Cass sang. Sirius and James were sat in the corner of the library, trying desperately to concentrate on the work in front of them. Their first exam was in a week.

"Yeah, yeah. Now will you help us or not?" Sirius said crossly. He listened to the cheers and laughter of the students from outside and scowled. Cass just laughed and handed them her history of magic notes. "You're a lifesaver." Sirius said, sarcasm evident in his tone.

"I know." Cass said, flipping her hair. "See you later alligator." She left the library. She skipped to the third floor, where she was meeting Noah. He was hiding behind a suit of armour.

"Boo!" He shouted. Cass shrieked and fell. Noah caught her easily, holding her bridal style. Cass shook her head, smiling. Noah went to kiss her.

"Hope we're not interrupting!" A boys voice boomed. Cass jumped out of Noah's arms and stood behind him. Noah rolled his eyes.

"Go away Will." He said. 'Will' just chuckled. The girl he was with laughed with him. "Sorry about him." Noah muttered to Cass. "Anyway, this is Will. My brother." Cass stared at him. Brother?

"Oh, pleased to meet you." Cass said, sticking her hand out. Will shook it, clearly delighted he had caught his brother.

"This is Grace, she's in your year." Will said. Cass smiled at her, earning a grin back. "I'm in sixth year by the way. I assume Noah here hasn't mentioned me."

"Maybe because I knew you'd act like this." Noah said. Cass smiled but her mind was racing. What if it got out that her and Noah were together?

"Aw Noah, you're so flattering sometimes." Will said. Noah glared at him.

"Look, we're keeping our relationship private so don't tell anyone okay?" Noah said. "Please?" Wills eyes shifted from Noah to Cass to Noah again.

"Course I won't! That's what brothers are for." Will laughed, reaching to ruffle Noah's hair. Noah swatted his hand away.

"Your secret is safe with me!" Grace said.

"Thank you." Noah said gratefully. He grabbed Cass' hand and they ran up the stairs. They stopped on the seventh floor, gasping for air.

"Someones coming." Cass whispered. Noah took her hand again and they ran along the corridor. He yanked open a door and pulled her inside. The room was huge, like a bedroom.

"I didn't know this was here." Noah said. Cass was gazing around in amazement.

"Me either." Cass said. Noah has a smirk on his face. "What are you smiling about?" Cass said. Noah didn't reply, instead he grabbed her by the lapel of her robes and crashed his lips to hers. Cass didn't hesitate to kiss him back. They eventually came up for air.

"I love you." Noah blurted. Cass stared at him.

"What?" She whispered.

"I love you Cassiopeia Black." Noah repeated. "I love you." Cass was lost for words.

"I love you too you utter dork." Cass said, kissing him again. Hard.

•••

"Any chance there's clothes in this room? Don't really want to sleep on my robes." Cass said. Noah shrugged. Cass rummaged through some drawers, she found some joggers and a T-shirt.

"Hey that's mine!" Noah said, pointing to the T-shirt.  Cass blushed.

"Sorry." She said, offering it to him. Noah laughed.

"I never said you couldn't have it." He said. "Where'd you get it?"

"That drawer." Cass pointed at the one she had found the clothes in. Noah reached over and got some sleepwear for himself. The turned so their backs were facing each other and got changed quickly. Noah climbed into the bed. "How do we brush our teeth?" Cass said. It was as if the room had heard her. She spotted a door and pushed it open, a small bathroom was behind it. "Come and brush your teeth."