-73-

Dumbledore and McGonagall came into the hospital wing the next morning, looking serious. Remus was the only one awake so he gently shook James.

"Whassa matter?" James mumbled, reaching for his glasses.

"Good morning Mr Potter." Dumbledore said. James sat up straight in bed and tried to pat his hair down into a respectable position.

"Morning sir." He said. Remus gently shook Lily.

"Remus? Is everything okay?" Lily asked sleepily.

"Yeah, Professor Dumbledore's here." Remus said. Lily shot upright.

"Good morning Miss Evans." Dumbledore said.

"Uh, morning Professor." Lily said.

"Where is Mr Black?" Dumbledore said.

"In the dormitory." Remus said. Dumbledore raised an eyebrow.

"Is everything alright between you?" He said.

"Yes Professor, it's just..." Remus cast a glance at Cass. "She doesn't know who he is."

"What on earth do you mean?" McGonagall said sharply. "He's her brother." Remus exchanged a glance with James.

"Well..." James said delicately. "She doesn't think she has another brother. She only knows about Regulas." McGonagalls lips thinned. Dumbledore looked intrigued.

"She doesn't recognise him at all?" He said. James shook his head. "Fetch Mr Black Minerva."

"Sir, I really don't think that Sirius can handle Cass not recognising him." Remus said quietly. "It's awful."

"Poppy, is Miss Black okay to be woken?" Dumbledore said, ignoring Remus. Remus frowned.

"Yes." Madam Pomfrey said. "I'll have a calming draught on standby." Lily took Cass' hand and gave her a small shake. Cass' eyes snapped open.

"What do you want?" She asked nervously.

"It's okay Cass, it's just us." Lily said. "Professor Dumbledore wants to talk to you." Cass propped herself up onto her pillows.

"H-hello Professor." Cass said. Dumbledore smiled at her.

"Good morning Miss Black." Dumbledore said. Cass flinched. The hospital wing doors swung open and Noah barged in, looking livid.

"Mr Rosenthal! I must insist that you-" McGonagall said.

"All due respect Professor, but I need to see if Cass is okay." Noah snapped. He turned and saw Cass.

"Noah." Cass breathed. Noah ran over to her and hugged her tightly.

"I- I thought..." Noah said. Cass sobbed into his chest.

"H-he knows." She cried. "A-about everything." Noah blanched.

"Everything?" He said. Cass nodded miserably.

"Mr Rosenthal, I must ask that you leave this hospital wing." McGonagall said. "Miss Black has been through a great ordeal and there are a few matters we need to sort out." Noah sighed.

"Okay Professor." He said. Cass clutched his arm.

"No, s-stay." She whispered. Noah looked at McGonagall.

"He can stay Minerva." Dumbledore said calmly. Noah climbed into bed beside Cass and she buried her face into his robes. "Now Miss Black, I must ask- how long were you at the Avery household?" Cass trembled.

"I- I d-don't k-know." She stammered.

"Really Professor? She's obviously in a state." Remus snapped. "Can't this wait until she's better?"