-70-

The 27th rolled around a lot faster than Cass would have liked. She'd barely recovered from seeing Avery on Christmas Day and now she would have to deal with him and all of his friends and probably one of the darkest wizards that has ever lived. She dressed carefully, choosing a black long sleeved dress that looked pretty evil. After all, this was what she was supposed to be now- a malicious, evil death eater.

""So you're going through with it then?" Regulas said quietly from the doorway. Cass jumped.

"Merlins beard Reg, knock next time?" Cass said. Regulas raised his eyebrows.

"Will there be a next time?" He said.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Cass snapped, folding her arms.

"Well, I assume you're not becoming a death eater today." Regulas said. "Considering you've been against what our family believes pretty much since you could understand."

"What else can I do?" Cass said. "They're going to hurt Sirius if I back out. I have to do it."

"You don't." Regulas said. "Sirius can look out for himself and they don't know where he is. They won't be able to hurt him at Hogwarts anyway."

"They hurt me at Hogwarts." Cass said, absently running a hand over the scar on her stomach. Regulas didn't say anything. "I'm scared Reg."

"I know." Regulas said. "It'll work out in the end, it always does right?"

•••

Sirius,
I don't have much time we're leaving any minute. I want you to know that I love you no matter what and I promise that this doesn't change anything. Stay strong for me okay?
Love,
Cass

Sirius shook his head at the letter. She wasn't actually going to go through with this, was she? He turned the parchment over and started scribbling frantically on the back.

Cass,
You're fucking delusional if you think I'm letting you do this. Come on, be reasonable. Please Cassie, I can't lose you to them. I'll come and get you right now if you want just say the word. Please write back so I know you haven't gone. Please.
Love,
Sirius

He sent James owl off with the parchment and sank onto his bed. He was supposed to be getting ready to meet Remus and Peter, he and Remus were planning on announcing their relationship.

"Sirius! James! Remus is here!" Euphemia called. Sirius sighed, running a hand through his hair. Maybe Remus would know what to do.

•••

"Cassiopeia, Avery is here." Walburga shouted. Cass stared at her packed trunk and took a deep breath. She had no idea what she was going to do. She slipped her feet into her heeled boots and went downstairs to face the inevitable.

"Good afternoon Cassiopeia." Avery said. He seemed to be in a better mood. Cass nodded stiffly at him. "Are you ready?"

"Yes." Cass said. Walburga eyed her suspiciously.

"Will you be accompanying us M'am?" Avery said. "You're more than welcome." Walburga positively beamed at him.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world dear. Let me just fetch Orion." She swept away. Avery turned to Cass.

"The dark lord has big plans for you." He said. "You're not going to fuck it up." Cass bit her lip.

"What sort of plans?" She asked. Avery smirked.

"You'll see."

•••

"I've been keeping something from you." Sirius said, sitting down across from Remus and James. Peter had bailed last minute. Remus shot him a questioning look.