-32-

"Morning Black." Noah said, slipping into his seat in potions.

"Good morning Noah." Cass said.

"Wonder what good old Sluggie has in store for us today."

"I'm guessing a healing draught." Cass said.

"I'll give you a galleon if you're right." Noah said. "I'm betting some sort of poison."

"Deal." Cass said.

"Good morning everyone. Today we will be starting work on a healing draught-"

"No way!" Noah said.

"As much as I appreciate your enthusiasm Mr Rosenthal, I would rather you listened to me." Slughorn said. Cass covered her mouth to disguise her laughter. Noah kicked her under the table.

"Yes sir, sorry sir." Noah said. There was a slight blush across his cheeks. Slughorn continued to lecture the class on different types of healing draughts.

"So today, I will be assigning you different healing draught and I would like a detailed essay on the benefits of the one that you brew." Slughorn finished. He began to tell each lair their healing draught.

"You owe me a galleon." Cass said triumphantly. Noah groaned. Cass pointed to the blackboard. The words 'Healing draughts' were scrawled on it.

"Hey that's unfair!" Noah protested.

"It's not my fault you don't know how to observe things." Cass said.

"Miss Black, Mr Rosenthal, you will be working on the Wiggenweld potion." Slughorn said.

"Easy. I'll get the ingredients." Cass said. She went over to the store cupboard.

"What's the deal with you and Rosenthal?" Sirius asked, collecting his own ingredients.

"We're just partners Sirius. Stop reading into everything I do." Cass said.

"Just asking." Sirius said.

"Yeah, well why don't you just ask yourself about your choices before you screw over another girl?"

"What? Bethany and I-"

"Will last another week. Tops." Cass said. "Maybe stop focusing on me and start focusing on yourself."

"Yeesh, I was just making conversation." Sirius said. Cass rolled her eyes and took her ingredients back to her table.

"You good?" Noah asked.

"Yep." Cass said. "Just start the potion."

•••

Cassiopeia my love,
I heard about your little stunt, I have to say I'm rather disappointed. I thought you were better than that. Alas, we can sort it next time we see each other. What are the Hogsmede dates for this term? We can go for lunch. The ministry is going well, working hard. Missing you.
See you soon,
Avery.

Cass pocketed the letter quickly. She made a mental note to right back later and went back to her toast.

"Thank goodness it's Saturday." Marlene said.

"Yes, a perfect day to catch up on the homework I'm already behind on." Poppy sighed.

"Whose that from Cass?" Lily asked.

"Hmm? Just Avery." Cass muttered. Lily pursed her lips slightly.

"Plans for the day then ladies?" Alice said. She had made up with Marlene, thankfully.