-27-

Cass,
If you're reading this, write back immediately. Are you alive? Are you okay? I miss you. I can't believe I didn't know you were in there that whole time. I feel awful. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. I'm so sorry. Tell Avery I'll kick his arse if he lays a finger on you.
Love you,
Sirius

Sirius,
I don't have much time to write this letter, so apologies. First of all, don't be sorry. It's not your fault our parents are psychos. I'm fine, just a bit scratched. Nothing I can't deal with. I miss you too. Avery is boring me to death with talks of the ministry but other than that we're good.
Love you,
Cass

Cass scribbled the last few lines of her letter and shoved it into an envelope. She handed it back to the owl, she didn't recognise it. Maybe it was the Potters. She assumed Sirius didn't stick around.

"Cass!" Avery called. "Are you alright in there?" Cass was in the bathroom.

"Yeah. I'll be two minutes." She washed her hands quickly.

"I was starting to get worried about you." Avery said as she emerged. He put an arm around her. "I can't believe you're going home in a few days."

"Time flies when your having fun." Cass said. Avery chuckled.

"Let's go to bed." Avery said. Cass froze. It was relatively early still.

"No, I'm not tired." She said.

"Who said anything about sleeping?" Avery winked. Cass didn't move.

"I-"

"Come on." Avery said sharply.

"No."

"I'm sick of this Cassiopeia. Everytime! We argue, I win anyway."

"Avery, please." Cass whispered.

•••

"What the hell is this?" Avery spat, slamming down an envelope on the table.

"Uh, a letter?" Cass said. Avery raised his eyebrows.

"I thought I told you specifically that you were not allowed to speak to them."

"What?" Cass said. She pulled open the letter and scanned it.

...missing you.... wish you could be here..... James and Lily..... love you, Remus

Cass pulled out a second letter, clearly from James.

"What part didn't you understand Cass?" Avery said. Cass stared at the floor. "The part where I told you you weren't to speak to them?"

"No."

"Then what Cassiopeia? I don't understand what wasn't clear."

"You were clear."

"Ohh. So you were deliberately defying me. I see." Avery said. His voice was dangerously low. "Get out of my house."

"What?"

"I said, get out of my house. You can wait for me outside until I can bear to see the sight of you again."

"It's dark outside." Cass said. "And cold."

"You should have fucking thought about that before you went against my wishes." Avery yelled. He yanked the door open. "Leave." Cass rose slowly from the table. She didn't think Avery would actually leave her outside so she left. The door slammed. Maybe he would.