-91-

"What do you mean you've never baked before?" Noah asked, staring at Cass incredulously. "Not even cupcakes? Brownies?" Cass rolled her eyes.

"Well, what I mean is that I've never baked before, there isn't some secret hidden message."

"We're baking right now." Noah said, sitting up in bed. Cass groaned.

"Noah, it's past midnight. We don't have any supplies and we will probably burn the house down."

"There's plenty of shops open twenty four hours. Come on." Noah said.

"What would we even make?"

"Let's make cupcakes and get the stuff for brownies so we can make them later."

"Ugh fine." Cass said. "But they better be worth it."

"Oh they will be."

An hour later, the two of them stood in the kitchen. Noah was weighing out the ingredients and Cass was following his instructions as he added them to the bowl.

"Right, and then you add the eggs — not the shell."

"Yeah I know that much thanks." Cass rolled her eyes. "I'm not completely incapable." Noah flicked flour at her.

"Okay and now add the flour."

"Why aren't you doing anything?" Cass said as she pouted the flour in.

"Because I'm teaching you, duh." Noah said matter of factly. "I know how to bake."

"It's not exactly rocket science." Cass muttered. She finished stirring the mixture and started spooning it into cases.

"It's fun though isn't it?" Noah said.

"It would be more fun if you'd help." Cass said. Noah jumped down from his spot on the counter. He put his arms around her waist and leaned his chin on her shoulder.

"Is this helping?" His breath tickled her ear.

"No." Cass said, shoving his face off of her shoulder with a laugh. "Now you're just being a menace."

"Sorry love." Noah laughed. "I'll put them in the over for you then."

"Thank you." Cass smiled. "Thank god for magic." She waved her wand and the dishes were clean.

"Oh, you have some flour on your face." Noah said.

"Really? Where?" Cass said, brushing down her cheeks.

"Right there." Noah ran his hand down her cheek, smearing flour as he did so. Cass gasped.

"Oh you are so going to get it for that one." She took a large handful of flour and dropped it on Noah's head. Noah picked up an egg.

"Don't tempt me Cassie." He said, twirling it in his fingers.

"You wouldn't dare." Cass narrowed her eyes. She ran out of the kitchen before he could respond. Noah did, in fact, dare. He chased after her with the egg in his hand.

"What the fuck is going on?" Sirius said, folding his arms as he stepped into the living room. "It's two in the morning!"

"Oh yeah, I forgot other people lived here." Cass said, smiling brightly at him. "We were just um baking."

"The cupcakes will be ready in five minutes if you want one." Noah said.

"No! We have to ice them first, no one wants a dry cupcake." Cass said.

"You're adorable." Noah said.

"Anyway! Why aren't you two asleep?"

"Uh, because we can do what we want." Cass said.