-82-

"You're sure you want to go to Hogsmede today?" Noah asked, surveying Cass anxiously.

"Positive." Cass said. She had told Noah about the envelope of photographs and he had become increasingly worried at how untroubled Cass seemed to be about the whole thing. Cass hummed quietly to herself as they descended the stairs into the entrance hall.

"What's up losers?" Will said, slinging an arm around Noah. "I have decided to grace you with my presence today." Grace giggled from beside him.

"We'll pass, thanks." Noah said. Will pouted.

"Cassiopeia, tell my darling brother here that you would love my company." Will said.

"Aw Will, see I would." Cass said. "But I'm trying to be more honest with people, and I don't think saying that would be the way to go." Grace and Noah laughed, Will scowled.

"Well, I know where I'm not wanted." He said, sticking his nose in the air. "Gracie, darling, we will find others to spend out time with."

"We never said we didn't want Grace here." Noah said. Will looked deeply offended as he flounced off.

"Noah! That was mean." Grace said, lightly shoving him.

"I was only joking." Noah huffed. "God, why does he have to be such a drama queen?"

"It runs in the family, I think." Cass said. Noah gasped and clutched his chest.

"How could you!" He said. "Betrayal! Upmost betrayal!"

"Point proven." Cass muttered. Grace laughed at the shocked expression on Noah's face.

"I'd better go I er- kind of have a date." She said.

"A date?" Cass asked, quirking an eyebrow. "Who's the lucky guy?"

"None of your business, nosey." Grace said, poking Cass' cheek. "Bye!"

"Hmm, who could it be?" Cass turned to Noah, who looked up at the ceiling.

"I'm not speaking to you." He informed her. Cass raised her eyebrows.

"Well then, I suppose I'll have to go and find myself a new boyfriend, who isn't so fucking dramatic." Cass teased.

"Puh-lease, no one can top me." Noah scoffed. Cass smirked slightly and stood on her tiptoes, taking a hold of his shoulder.

"Cocky is a good look on you." Cass whispered in his ear. Noah's jaw slackened slightly. "It's very sexy." She pulled away from him, rushing ahead to the carriages. Noah regained his composure and hurried after her.

•••

Hogsmede was as crowded as it usually was. Noah kept a firm hold on Cass' hand as they weaved through the crowd. Cass peered around anxiously, worried she would see Avery. They ended up in the three broomsticks, tucked into a small booth at the side.

"I'll get us drinks, shall I?" Noah said.

"Okay." Cass said. Noah stood up from the table, joining the queue for the bar.

"Well, look who it is!" Sirius said, sliding into the booth, James in tow.

"Are you following me?" Cass asked.

"Of course not." Sirius said, but he did not meet Cass' eye.

"We're following Evans actually." James said, nodding his head to where Lily was sitting with Marlene and Dorcas. Cass narrowed her eyes.