-11-

"So what is it you wanted to talk about?"
Sirius asked. Lily shushed him and dragged him over to a table beside the restricted section. "Jesus Christ Lily what is this important that even Remus can't overhear." Sirius said. Lily rolled her eyes.

"Hmmm, maybe your sister?" Lily said. Sirius ran a hand through his hair.

"Yes, that." He said.

"Are you two still fighting?" Lily asked.

"I wouldn't call it fighting, more just not speaking." Sirius said. "But yeah, we are."

"Well, what are you going to do about it?" Lily asked.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean what are you going to do to fix it you complete arse. It's your fault she barely sits at the Gryffindor table. Well you and the rest of your gang."

"What?"

"Oh my goodness! How thick are you? She completely avoids you at all costs and always sits with Avery at the Slytherin table."

"Oh." Sirius said.

"Why is she even dating him anyway? I mean, I get the physical appeal because he is fit but quite frankly he is an asshole who thinks he's better then everyone else."

"She's supposed to marry him after Hogwarts." Sirius said. Lily slapped him straight across the face. "Ow! Lily what the hell?" Sirius said.

"You're an asshole! You screamed at Cass calling her a traitor when she doesn't have a choice in this marriage! Marlene explained to me how pureblood families work and I understand enough to know that marriages are arranged. So how dare you make a huge scene calling Cass out!" Lily ranted. "Lily, me and Cass made a pact to stay out of that bullshit." Sirius said.

"You're such an idiot Sirius Black. This conversation is over." Lily said, flouncing our of the library and leaving Sirius in a stunned silence.

•••

Later that evening, Avery and his gang were out in the courtyard with fire whiskey. A lot of fire whiskey. Cass had gone for a shower but was coming to meet them as soon as she was dressed. She walked over once they were all very drunk. Avery eyes glimmered when he saw her. "Cassiopeia! How's my girl?" He grinned, yanking her onto his lap.

"I'm good thank you." Cass said. "Are you drunk?"

"No. I've only had a few glasses." Avery said. "Now give me a kiss." He leant in but Cass ducked her head away.

"No, you're drunk." She said, trying to stand up. Avery pulled her down.

"Looks like you're missing some action there mate!" One of his friends laughed. "Shut up." Avery snapped. He planted a kiss on Cass!!

"Avery! I said no!" She said, jerking her head away from him.

"Well I'm saying yes." Avery said. He grabbed her head and kissed her again. Cass tried to protest but he had a firm grip. His hand snaked it's way round to her arse. Cass struggles against his grip and freed herself, taking a step back.

"Fuck off Avery! I'm fifteen!" Cass said. All of Averys friends were watching their exchanges, seemingly amused.

"Look Cassiopeia, I am in charge of you. I'm your boyfriend soon to be husband. Guess what? I basically own you." Avery snapped. Cass shook her head. "Now come with me. We'll find a nice broom closet." He reached for her hand.

"No, Avery. We won't. I'm going to bed." Cass said. She tried to leave but two of Averys friends blocked her.

"Come on now Black, let him have his fun. You don't need to worry about a broom closet. You can do it here."

"Nah you're alright mate." Avery grabbed Cass by her wrist and practically dragged her through the entrance hall. He shoved her into the broom closet then ducked in after her. He locked and silenced the cupboard. "There we go, nice and cosy." He grinned. Cass gulped.

•••

Sirius woke up early, he ran Lily's words over in his mind.
'She completely avoids you at all costs' 'you screamed at Cass calling her a traitor when she doesn't even have a choice in this marriage'.
She was right of course, and that made Sirius feel guilty. He had a horrible feeling in the pit of his stomach. James snorted from the bed across from him. Sirius threw a pillow at his head. "Wake up." James sat up and rubbed his eyes.

"What time is it?" He asked sleepily.

"Breakfast time." Sirius said. James checked his watch.

"Mate, it's half past six. Go back to sleep." He flopped back down onto his bed.

"Fine then, I'll go to breakfast with someone else." Sirius said. He threw a pillow at Remus.

"What?" Remus mumbled  from under his covers.

"Breakfast." Sirius said.

"Yeah I'm coming." Remus said, emerging from under his covers.

"Just give me a second to get dressed." Sirius modded, grabbing his own robes. Remus went into the bathroom first and Sirius stuck his tongue out at James. James was already fast asleep so didn't notice. Remus emerges from the bathroom and grabbed his satchel.

"On we go then Sirius." He said. Sirius followed him out of the dorm.

•••

The day passed as usual, except that Cass wasn't in any classes. None. Zero. Nil. Nada.

"Hey, have you seen Cass today?" Sirius whispered to James during History of Magic. James shook his head and threw a paper aeroplane at Lily. Lily opened it up, rolled her eyes and shook her head. James grinned at her.

"What did that say?" Sirius asked.

"I asked her to go out with me." James said.

"Then why are you grinning? She said no."

"Because, my dear Sirius, this is all a part of my master plan to get Lily Evans to fall in love with me." Sirius snorted loudly.

"Mr Black, is there something you find funny?" Professor Binns asked.

"No Professor." Sirius said.

"Then be quiet and pay attention." Professor Binns said, glaring at him.

"Yes sir." The Professor turned back to the chalkboard and continued driving on about trolls. Sirius scrawled a quick note and threw it at Lily. Lily turned around exasperated.

"Stop throwing notes at me Potter." She whispered.

"It wasn't me!" James said. Lily rose her eyebrows. James pointed at Sirius. Sirius nodded. Lily opened the note and shook her head.

"Sorry." She mouthed. Sirius frowned. James nudged him.

"What'd your note say?" He asked.

"I asked her if she had seen Cass." Sirius said.

"I thought you two were fighting though." James said. Sirius rolled his eyes.

"That doesn't mean I don't care about her." He said. James nodded. "Yeah of course, I knew that."

"Mr Potter, Mr Black, is there something so important that you can't wait till after class to talk about?" Professor Binns snapped.

"No Professor." Sirius and James chorused.

"Well then be quiet!"