-9-

"Cass!" Kira yelled. Cass stopped walking and turned around. Kira ran to catch up with her.

"Hey Kira." Cass sighed. "What's up?"

"Oh, nothing. So I hear you're dating Avery." Kira said. Cass nodded. "I don't blame you he's pretty hot I mean like have you seen him?" It was true, Avery was a handsome guy. He was .6"1, with light blue eyes and dark hair. His jawline was sharp and he had a six pack. The only downside was, he was a death eater, or was going to be one. Cass smiled and nodded. "Oh crap, I have to go. I'm meeting Emmeline at the library to study."

"Bye." Cass said.

•••

"Really Cass? Avery of all damn people?!" Sirius yelled.

"Don't make a scene Sirius." James said, tugging on his arm behind him. Sirius yanked his arm away. They were standing in the middle of the common room, a very busy common room, and Sirius had decided to ambush Cass as she came in with Lily and Marlene.

"I thought that you hated all of those type of people!" Sirius continued on.

"Sirius I—" Cass started.

"What Cass? What? You're gonna tell me it's not what I think and he's not like them? Bull fucking shit. He is exactly like the rest of them so don't come crying to me when you get roped into being a death eater!"

"Sirius you're making a scene!"James hissed.

"I don't care James! I want to know why my sister has become like the rest of my family. Like the nasty traitor she is!" Sirius yelled.

"So that's what you think now? That I'll suddenly turn on you. Piss off Sirius!" Cass yelled back.

"So what's your deal then Cass? Huh? You're just dating him to piss me off?"

"No!"

"Then what is it Cass? You're trying to please Mum and Dad? I'm sure that'll work!" Sirius screamed. Cass opened her mouth to say more. "Y'know what Cass? I don't even care! You're a traitor and I never want to speak to you again!" Sirius said. He stormed off, ramming into her shoulder as he walked past.

"Sirius! Sirius!" James yelled, turning and going after him. The whole common room was silent, having watched the whole thing. Tears formed in Cass' eyes.

"Cass, come on." Dorcas said gently, she wrapped and arm around her and guided her up the girls dormitory stairs. Tears streamed down her face, Dorcas guided her to the bathroom and left her to get changed.

Cass slid down the back of the door and sobbed. She put her head on her knees and rocked back and forward. Her hands were shaking, her breathing fast, Sirius' word echoed in her head. She sat there for god knows how long.

"Cass, Cass it's Lily." Lily knocked on the door. Cass didn't make an effort to move. "Cass, can you let me in please?" She jiggled the door handle, it was locked. Cass reaches up and unlocked the door. She moved to the middle of the room. Lily opened it slowly. She wrapped her arms around Cass. Cass sobbed into her shoulder. They stood like that for a while until Cass pulled away and wiped her eyes.

"I'm going to get changed now, I'm meeting Avery." Cass said. Lily nodded and left her to it. Cass jumped in the shower and changed her clothes. She plaited her hair into two French braids and slid her wand into the waistband of her skirt.

•••

Sirius lay staring at the ceiling. He could not believe Cass, what a traitor. James, Remus and Peter had tried to calm him down but he was just so mad. He had probably broken his hand from punching the wall but he couldn't care less. He stood up and made towards the dormitory door.

"Woah woah woah Sirius, where are you going?" James said, stepping in front of him. Remus looked up from his book and Peter glanced over from his homework.

"James get out of the way." Sirius said.

"Tell me where you're going." James said. "I'm going to find Avery and give him a piece of my mind." Sirius snapped.

"Woah there buddy no you're not." James said.
"James move." Sirius said. Remus stood up and grabbed Sirius from behind.

"You're not going Sirius." Remus said firmly, lifting him up and putting him on his bed. "That is a terrible idea and you know it." Sirius folded his arms and scowled. "Now listen, I know your hurt that your sister is dating an almost or maybe full death eater but she's hurt that you don't support her so you don't have a right to go and talk to Avery after telling your sister she was a traitor. Okay? So maybe just cool off and apologise when your ready." Remus said.

"I have nothing to apologise for." Sirius snapped.

"Okay, then you don't need to speak to her." Remus said. Sirius rolled over into his stomach. "Good talk." Remus muttered, going back over to his own bed.

"It was actually." James said.

"Yeah Remus, you know how to deal with these sort of situations." Peter said. Remus snorted.

"If you say so."