-24-

"Hey Cass." James said, dumping his stuff beside her in the library. Cass glances around anxiously.

"Hi James." She muttered, scribbling the last few lines of her essay.

"Are you okay?" James asked.

"Um... yep! I just have to go, I left my potions stuff in the dorm. See you later." Cass shoved her books in her bag and hurried out the library. James shrugged it off and got his own stuff out his bag.

•••

"Marlene! We're going to miss the train!" Lily shouted at a still sleeping Marlene. She just groaned and rolled over.

"Lily maybe you should chill. There's still an hour till we have to leave." Cass said, continuing to apply some eyeliner.

"I guarantee you she hasn't packed." Lily said.

"She's a witch." Dorcas said.

"Really Dorcas?! I never would have guessed!" Lily faked shock. Dorcas threw a pillow at her and stuck her tongue out.

"If I get out of bed, will you all shut up?" Marlene groaned.

•••

An hour or so later, they were all safely on the train. Cass wandered off to find Sirius and the rest of the girls settled into a carriage. "Sirius can I talk to you?" Cass asked, popping her head into their compartment.

"Sure. Come in Cass." Sirius said. Cass hesitated. Avery couldn't see her with them. Avery wouldn't. It was his last journey from Hogwarts. He'd be with his friends. "Earth to Cass!"

"Sorry." Cass murmured, slipping into the compartment. "To be honest Sirius, I just came to see how long you'd be staying at home."

"A few days. We're all going to James' at the weekend." Sirius shrugged. Cass nodded. Of course he was.

"I should probably get going then. I said to Lily I'd play exploding snap with her." Cass said.

"Nah, she can wait. Stay a bit Cass. I feel like we've barely seen you recently." Remus said. Cass smiled weakly at him. Her eyes kept flicking to the door.

"I'll give you a game of exploding snap." James said. Cass shrugged. "Anyone else?"

"Sure." Remus said.

"I'd never say no to a game." Sirius said. Peter nodded.

"Go on then." Cass sighed.

•••

"I'll see you soon. Both of you, okay?" James said, hugging both of the twins. Cass nodded.

"Bye." She muttered, darting away you speak to Lily.

"Let me know when you want to come mate. Don't be a stranger." James hugged Sirius again.

"I won't, don't worry James. Thank you." Sirius said. "Where did Cass go?"

•••

"Cassiopeia." Cass flinched at the cold voice of her mother.

"Hello mother. I was actually just looking for Avery, if you'll excuse me." She turned to walk away.

"Where is Sirius?" Walburga asked.

"I haven't seen him since we got off the train." Cass said, practically sprinting away.

"Cass! Hey. We thought you'd gone." Lily said.

"Hi guys. I'm actually looking for Avery at the moment so..."