-128-

The Easter holidays were practically flying by. Cass has spent most of her time studying, but had visited Remus, Lily and Grace on a few occasions. She had obviously been spending time at the Potters, but that wasn't anything new. Noah had been occupied with Cameron, so she hadn't seen him in over a week — not that she minded that much, it meant she could study in peace.

Now, Cass was hunched over the kitchen table, her hand moving a hundred miles an hour as she scrawled yet another essay for Professor Carter (she could have sworn he was trying to make her go into cardiac arrest with the amount of work he had set them — her specifically), ABBA blaring out of the record player. Sirius was out with Remus, James and Peter, and was supposed to come back late in the evening. Cass jumped violently as she heard the door open, spilling ink all over her essay. She swore colourfully, reaching for her wand.

"Language Cassie!" James said. "You kiss your mother with that mouth?"

"Can't say I do." Cass said dryly, giving James an unimpressed look as she muttered a spell to clean the ink off her essay.

"Er — right." James said sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Bloody hell Cass, are you still at it?" Sirius said. Cass shrugged, turning back to her work.

"How long has she been like this?" James whispered.

"She was like that when I left, and by the looks of things she hadn't moved." Sirius whispered back. Clearing his throat and raising his volume he said: "Cass, have you eaten today?"

"No, haven't gotten round to it." Cass mumbled. "It's only—" She glanced up to the clock. "—... oh, it's nine o'clock."

"Uh, yeah." Sirius said. "I'll rustle up something."

"No you won't." James said quickly. "You'll burn the house down, I've got it."

"It's fine James, I should really finish this." Cass said.

"You need to take a break Cass." Sirius said. "You'll burn yourself out."

"I'm nearly done." Cass protested.

"You and Lily are one in the same." James chuckled. "Half the time I have to drag her away from her books. I mean usually I can persuade her pretty easily... if you get my drift."

"Yes! I got it." Cass covered her ears. "No more please."

"Nice Prongs." Sirius laughed. "Maybe we should get some reinforcements..."

"Sirius, I just need to finish this essay. I only have half a foot to go." Cass said.

"Half a foot?!" James said. "Absolutely not Cassie, don't be daft."

"Reinforcements it is." Sirius muttered, strolling over to the fireplace. He mentally thanked Fleamont for helping them get in linked to the floo network, muttering Noah's address and sticking his head into the fire.

Phillip Rosenthal let out a yell of surprise as he saw Sirius' head in the fire, swearing loudly. Sophia hurried through, wiping her hands on her apron as she did so.

"What on earth— oh hello." She looked puzzled as she caught sight of Sirius' head.

"Er — I'm so sorry about this Mrs Rosenthal, but is Noah there?" Sirius said.

"Who the hell are you?" Phillip demanded.

"I'm Sirius, Sirius Black." Sirius said.

"Oh, Cassiopeias brother." Sophia nodded in realisation. "Noah!"

"What mum?" Noah came into Sirius' eyeline, doing a slight double take at his girlfriends brothers head in his fireplace.

"Hi Noah." Sirius said, offering a sheepish smile.