-125-

The days were ticking by faster than any of them would have liked and it was soon nearing the end of March and James' birthday, which was the 27th.
Remus' birthday (the 10th) had been a quiet affair, the werewolf not being a fan of big parties.

They had had a small gathering in the marauders dorm, which had been alcohol filled and extremely fun — allowing the teenagers to forget about their looming exams for the evening. Remus has nearly cried at the present that the marauders had given him — a small suitcase (with an undetectable extension charm, of course) with Professor R. J. Lupin in neat letters on the side. Remus had always wanted to be a professor, but he was hindered by his condition. The marauders were determined to help him live his dream

On the other hand, James was very much a fan of big parties and being the most popular boy in school, being head boy and quidditch captain of the (self proclaimed) best team in school had its advantages. On the morning of the twenty seventh, James bounded in to the girls dormitory (in stag form, might I add). Cass rubbed her eyes, blinking a few times in an attempt to process a literal deer in her dormitory. There was a small pop and James appeared, grinning from ear to ear.

"What the fuck are you doing in here?" Cass yawned. "It's like six in the morning."

"Don't be dramtic Cassie, it's seven." James said. "I'm just so excited."

"About what?" Cass said, widening her eyes in mock confusion. James pouted.

"Don't tell me you've forgotten Cassie."

"Course I haven't, happy birthday loser." Cass said, getting out of bed to give James a hug. James grinned, wrapping his long arms around Cass' slim frame.

"Why in the name of Merlin is James Potter in my dorm before eight am?" Marlene groaned, sitting up. Dorcas made a sound of indignance as she lost the warmth from her girlfriends body, pulling her back down.

"Because he's excited." Cass said. "Duh Marls."

"Well, go and be excited somewhere else." Marlene grumbled.

"Stop being such a party pooper Marlene." James said. Marlene stuck her tongue out at him.

"Yeah, yeah. Happy birthday I suppose." She said.

"Cheers Marls." James said. "Love you." Marlene rolled her eyes.

"James? Is that you?" Lily said, sticking her head out of her curtains.

"The one and only." James said. Lily laughed and jumped out of bed, flinging herself at her boyfriend.

"Happy birthday babe." She said. "I love you."

"I love you too." James said, tilting his head down to kiss her.

"Get a room!" Marlene called as she slipped into the bathroom.

"We're in one, thanks." Lily called back dryly.

"Whassgoin' on?" Alice mumbled, sticking her head out of her own curtains.

"James here thought it'd be a good idea to wake us all up." Cass said. Alice nodded sleepily.

"Oh, um happy birthday James." She said.

"Cheers Al." James grinned.

"James? Did someone say James?" Frank stick his head out of Alices curtains as well.

"Frank! Fancy seeing you here mate." James said, his grin growing wider.

"Have fun last night Al?" Dorcas said, shooting Alice a sly grin. Alice went bright red, pulling Frank back behind the curtains.