-74-

Sirius cornered Regulas after class a few days later. Regulas sighed.

"What?" He said.

"First off, thought you'd want to know that Cass is okay. She's in the hospital wing." Sirius said. "I'm surprised you haven't been to see her."

"I've been preoccupied." Regulas said coldly. "I can't say that everyone's happy that you all rescued her. They're wondering how you found out she was there, I've been trying to keep the blame off me."

"I really appreciate what you did Regulas." Sirius said quietly. Regulas shrugged. "Anyway, the other thing is that Cass doesn't have any of her stuff. It's all at Grimmauld."

"And what does that have to do with me?" Regulas said. Sirius rolled his eyes.

"Well, you're the only one who isn't disowned." Sirius said in a 'duh' tone. Regulas' eyebrows shot up.

"Cass isn't disowned." He said.

"It's only a matter of time." Sirius said. "This isn't going to go down well, Cass isn't going to be come a death eater."

"I know that." Regulas said impatiently. "But mother and father aren't death eaters so maybe they w-"

"If she continues to be with Avery then she'll become a death eater." Sirius said flatly. "Meaning she'll break things off with Avery and then she'll be disowned." Regulas frowned slightly.

"I suppose." He said. "Look, for Cass' stuff you'd be better going to a teacher. They're not going to send a massive trunk across the country."

"Wow, what a help you've been." Sirius said, the sarcasm evident in his tone. Regulas scowled.

"Bye." He said shortly, turning and storming off in the opposite direction. Sirius glowered at his retreating figure. Why couldn't he ever just help?

•••

"So, you want to break into your old house?" Remus said, his eyebrows raised. Sirius nodded.

"I know it sounds crazy-"

"It doesn't just sound crazy, it is crazy." Remus said. "You can't."

"I promised Cass I would get her stuff." Sirius said. "And I really want my leather jacket."

"You've been without it for a year Sirius, I think you can survive." Remus said.

"I'm going, with your help or not." Sirius said stubbornly.

"You're not going." James said quietly.

"Who's going to stop me?" Sirius snapped.

"Me." James said. "You're not going back there, the last time you left that house you almost died. I haven't forgotten seeing you on my sofa, thinking you were dead."

"This time-"

"There is no 'this time' Sirius." James said sharply. "You are not to set foot in that house again. Promise me."

"Fine." Sirius said sulkily. "I promise."

"Talk to Minnie about Cass' stuff." Remus added. "She'll be able to get it." Sirius didn't reply, angrily stabbing the piece of pork on his plate. Remus turned his attention to James and Peter.