-90-

It had now been a month since Noah had gone to Italy and Cass was ready to apparate there and remove him by force. She couldn't even put into words how much she missed him, and letters could only cut it for so long — especially when the owls delivering them would take at least two days to return with a reply. It didn't help that Remus and Sirius were all over each other, making her miss her own boyfriend more.

To no ones surprise, Lily was staying with them again. She was trying her hardest to distract Cass but was often distracted herself — by a certain Potter boy. Peter was staying with James, so the marauders and the two girls were spending a lot of their time at Potter Manor. The weather was starting to get to everyone, it was peak summer and it was roasting. The boys did not wear shirts most of the time, lounging about in shorts. Lily and Cass were extremely envious and tried to wear as little clothing as possible. On a particularly hot day, Fleamont came out into the garden where the six teens were sprawled on the grass.

"What are you lot doing out here?" Fleamont said. "It's far too hot."

"The breeze is nice when it comes." James said.

"Plus, I want a tan." Sirius said. "Not all of us are lucky enough to have gone to Australia to perfect theirs."

"Why aren't you at least in the pool?" Fleamont asked. "It'll cool you down immensely."

"Pool?" Cass said. "What pool?"

"James! Do you mean to tell me you have not told your poor friends about the pool?" Fleamont said, shaking his head.

"Erm- well dad, I kind of forgot about it." James mumbled, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly.

"How can you forget about a fucking swimming pool?" Remus said. James went red.

"We hardly use it." He muttered.

"Well? Where is it?" Peter said. "I'm roasting."

"Um... dad?" James said.

"Oh for heavens sake James." Fleamont rolled his eyes. "This way everyone." He led them down to the bottom of the garden, where an extremely large pool lay covered by a tarpaulin. Fleamont waved his wand and it disappeared, he flicked it again and several sunloungers appeared.

"Last one in is a rotten egg!" James yelled. He dived in with no hesitation.

"You don't even have trunks on James!" Remus shouted.

"Oh who cares Moony? Don't be such a buzzkill." James laughed. Sirius shrugged and jumped in after him, followed by Peter.

"Any chance you have a swimming costume on you?" Lily asked Cass.

"Oh yeah, let me just whip one out of my arse." Cass said, rolling her eyes. She kicked off her flip flops. "Come on Lil, a little bit of water never hurt anyone."  Lily eyed her doubtfully, they were both wearing shorts and crop tops.

"I'm just saying that it's likely your top will ride up and then your brother will see you in your bra." She said. Cass rolled her eyes.

"Is that what your worried about? These idiots seeing you in your bra?" She said.

Lily didn't say anything.

"It's no different to a bikini." Cass fried.

Lily still didn't look convinced.

"Well, Sirius and Remus will be too busy looking at each other, Peter has a girlfriend and James... okay fair enough you're worried about James, but he's going to see you in it sooner or later so you might as well get it over with." Cass whipped her T-shirt over her head and cannonballed into the water before Lily could understand what she meant.