Chapter 2 - The Breakup

The song for this chapter is "Not Gon' Cry" by Mary J. Blige

Kamea's POV

"Today is the day that I end things with Reed. Three years down the drain with a two-faced loser. Reed and Courtney are going to understand how it feels to hurt someone. It's going to hurt like heck."

I went to the bathroom for my daily routine - shower, brush my teeth, fix my hair, etc.

Once I was done, I made my way to the kitchen for breakfast.

"I better not eat too heavily because of the party tonight."

While I ate breakfast, I went over the list for the evening.

"Let's see; I need to buy decorations and make sure we have some music. Ooh, I know just the songs to play for that cheat."

My parents, Reed's parents, and siblings were taking care of the food. Reed's parents were angry with how he treated me, so they wanted to help with the plan.

******************************

When I reached my house from shopping, my parent's SUV and Reed's parents were parked. So, I made my way into the house.

My house was decorated beautifully. My sister and Reed's brother and sister bought decorations in my favorite color - purple streamers, purple plates, napkins, and silverware. They even bought a banner that said, 'Happy Anniversary.' We had to make it convincing. When I saw that, everything I thought was coming into play.

My mom noticed the look on my face, so she came over to console me.

"Listen, sweetheart. I'm so sorry he did this to you. We will always be there for you. And Reed's parents will be too. We are not going to let you go through this alone."

"Thanks, mom," I said as my voice started cracking.

 "Kam, don't cry. Don't waste your tears on that sniveling piece of crap." 

So, I marched upstairs and started getting ready. After taking a shower, I went the whole nine yards - A purple, string shoulder dress that came to my knees, earrings, my favorite necklace my dad made for me, some black pumps, and, ugh, that perfume Reed bought for me. 'I have to remember to throw that mess away.' I pitched the perfume in the bathroom trash and went downstairs.

Everyone had arrived except Courtney and Reed. Not a surprise there. I made sure that I had my Bose speakers ready to play the music I downloaded specifically for Reed and Courtney when they arrived.

******************************

It was now after 7 pm, and the stars of the evening still had not arrived. Shocking. I bet they were at it again. I started humming "Not Gon' Cry" by Mary J. Blige.

The knock on the door must be the stars of the show. As I went to answer the door, I kept humming that song.

Reed came into the house saying, "Party people up in the house!" He had the gall to try and kiss me, speaking, "Happy Anniversary, baby." No way I was letting him kiss me. My blood was boiling, so I walked away and went into the kitchen. He was puzzled as to why I did that.

I started playing my playlist of songs that I had downloaded. "Take a Bow" by Rhianna, "Irreplaceable" by the queen herself, "Before You Walk Out of My Life" by Monica, "Emotional Rollercoaster" by Vivian Green, "Love The Way You Lie" by Eminem with Rhianna, "Burn" by Usher, "Foolish" by Ashanti, and the list goes on and on.