Chapter 39 - Trip to Milan

Kam's POV

Yesterday was a beautiful day - the baby shower and Marco proposing. Mom's wish is coming true. It has been two months since she passed. And I miss her like crazy.

"Cris?" I hate to wake him up at 3 a.m., but I really want him just to hold me.

I started tapping him on his arm so he could wake up. "Cris?"

Nothing. Cris is going to be mad at me for doing this. I pinched his nose so he couldn't breathe. He started coughing.

When he saw my hand near his face, he glared at me at first. But, it softened when he saw my facial expression.

"What's wrong, Kamea?"

"I couldn't sleep. I was thinking about the baby shower and engagement. Then, I started thinking about my mom. I miss her so much. It still hurts like crazy. I'm sorry for waking you up. I love Isabela and Mrs. Alyshea, but I wanted my mom to be there for me when I was ready to deliver the twins. But she is not going to be there."

Cris sat up and leaned against the headboard of our bed. "Sit here, sweetheart." I got up and went to his side of the bed and positioned myself in his lap so I could rest my head on his chest and cry.

Cris' POV

I was mad at first when she woke me up. But when I saw the sad look on her face, I couldn't be mad.

"It's okay to miss your mom, Kamea. I miss her too." I started giving her a back massage.

"There is no set time for you to grieve. Whenever you need to talk about it, just call me or wake me up, understand? But, next time, no pinching of my nose."

"Yes. I'm sorry for pinching your nose. You are a heavy sleeper. Now that we are moving to Florida, will I still need a bodyguard?"

"Absolutely. With Miranda and Chase around, yes, you will need a bodyguard. I will not be satisfied until they both are either in jail or dead. We will talk with Jake when we go back to California. I don't want anyone else. I trust Jake."

Suddenly she said, "Ouch."

"What's wrong? Are you okay?"

"Oh, I'm okay. These little munchkins are both kicking at the same time. They are still kicking."

Kamea grabbed my hand and placed it on her belly. "See." I felt them kicking.

"I never thought I would get to experience this feeling again. It's worth repeating - your coming to my club was the best thing that happened to me, besides Día and Rocco. I have always loved kids and wanted more than two. Now, I feel complete. Minus the drama we have faced, I love every minute of our lives together."

"I actually didn't even want to come. But Tamia persuaded me. I love our time together too. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. We both should thank her. Because of her, we are together. Um, now that you have me sitting like this, how about it? I promise to be quiet."

"Well, what are we waiting for?"

************************

Monday afternoon

I heard Kamea scream my name out loud. "Cris!!!!" So, of course, I went running to see if she was okay.

"What's wrong, sweetheart?"

"I just got a text from Noeli. She saw our best friend, Layla, at the fashion show. It turns out that you and Marco are the ones investing in her company. I miss her so much. Can I fly with you to Milan? I really want to see her again. Sorry for screaming and scaring you."