Chapter 40 - The Answer Is

At the photo shoot

Marco's POV

This is how Layla and Ryan's conversation went.

"Ryan, what are you doing there?"

"Layla, turn around for a minute?" Layla turned around and saw her family and friends.

"Hi, mommy!" Layla's daughter, Braelyn, waved to her. She figured out what Ryan was about to do.

When she turned back around, she had tears in her eyes. Ryan had one knee in the sand and opened the ring box that he had for Layla.

"Layla, I wanted our family and friends to share this moment with us. I finally found out what true love is when I fell in love with you. I am so glad that you and I met at that party. When you told me you weren't looking to date, I was willing to wait. Thank you for the chance to make you happy. I love you so much and want to spend the rest of my life with you and Braelyn."

Braelyn's father, Austin, must have whispered something to Braelyn because she came running over and grabbed Layla's hand.

"Layla Danielle Jordan, will you marry me and be mine forever?"

"How did you plan this?"

"I already had planned to propose but didn't know how to do it. I did not want to take you to a restaurant. I wanted to be different. So, when you left to go to the restroom at the reception, I told everyone that I was going to propose. Marco suggested I propose at the photo shoot."

The photographer apologized. "Mrs. Layla, I sincerely apologize for calling you honey and asking you to kiss Marco."

"Marco and I planned it that way. We had him do that to distract you. While you were arguing, Marco and I switched places. The last set of pictures will be of us. So Layla, will you marry me and become Mrs. Meyers?"

Ryan then stood up from the sand, still with the ring box open.

"Yes, I will marry you, 'Sugar Hot Lips.'"

He then placed the engagement ring on Layla's finger. She then jumped in his arms and mugged his mouth with hers. Día, Rocco, and Braelyn said, 'Ewww.' Layla's father started clearing his throat.

"Sorry, I got carried away." Ryan put Layla down, and she wiped the lipstick off his lips. "Can we continue with the photo shoot? The chill from the ocean is making me chilly."

The photographer then says, "Layla and Ryan, now do your sexy pose." Then, I heard her father say, "Not too sexy. Remember, kids are here."

Ryan stood behind Layla and wrapped his arms around her, then nuzzled his face on her left shoulder. He started planting kisses on Layla, and the photographer snapped several pictures.

The photographer says, "One more shot, and we are done."

She whispered something to Ryan. Layla then wrapped her arms around his neck and started pulling Ryan down with her in the sand. Layla's father called Braelyn over to cover her eyes. I saw Cris do the same thing with the twins.

Ryan did push-ups while they were kissing, and the photographer snapped the pictures.

He then said, "That's a wrap for the photo shoot." But they didn't stop and didn't care who was looking either.

"Let's leave the two lovebirds in peace. Layla and Ryan, I'll wait for you in my trailer. Everyone else is going to the restaurant, and we will meet them." Layla gave me a thumbs-up, and I walked away.