Chapter 56 - Going Back To Cali - Part One

Kam's POV

Kam's POV

It has been a little over a year since my mom passed. Since we are going to California to meet Alicia's family, Cris said he would go with me to the gravesite and lay flowers on my mom's tombstone.

After Noeli graduated in June, Marco took her to the gravesite. Then a few days later, they officially moved to Florida. They have a beautiful home, large enough for the amount of kids they said they wanted - six kids.

They have a huge backyard with an Olympic-sized pool

They have a huge backyard with an Olympic-sized pool. They also have a very nice patio area with tables, chairs, and two large gas grills.

Everyone is sleeping in at our house after the wedding last night. All of the kids, including Isabella, Kekoa, and even Logan, were knocked out.

My dad gave me my shot this time. "Ouch!"

He started laughing. "Child, are you still afraid of needles?"

"Yes, I am. And, always will be." I started rubbing my arm where he administered the shot.

As we started fixing breakfast, he chortled, "I thought you would have grown out of that by now."

"Nope. I sure haven't."

"Good morning, everyone. Need some help in here?" We both turned around and saw Bliss.

"Good morning, Bliss. We can use some help. We have some fresh fruit in the fridge to be cut."

"Okay. I'll cut it." While Bliss went to the fridge, I noticed the concerned look she had on her face.

"Are you okay over there?"

"Well, there is something I wanted to ask but didn't know how to ask it. At one point last night, I went to me and Shane's room to fix my makeup. I just happened to glance out the window and saw the neighbor next door, staring out his window at the wedding. He glanced over and saw me, then he walked away. Is he okay?"

"His name is Cade. Cris said that his wife passed away recently. Maybe Marco and Noeli's wedding reminded him of his wedding."

"Oh, okay."