Chapter 35 - Repast Trouble & The Gender Reveal

Kam's POV

Everybody saw what had just happened with my grandmother. I not only felt humiliated but hurt to the core. She wished I was dead instead of my mother. 

"Mr. Palu, I have room in my truck for you and your brothers," Mr. Dominic said to my dad.

"Thank you."

Noeli and Marco came over to hug me. "Come on, Kam, let's get you out of here." Noeli grabbed my hand. Then, my princess held my other hand, and we walked back to our vehicles. Before we got in, Isabela and Cris's grandma came over to me.

"Thank you, Isabela. That meant so much to me that you defended me."

"You're welcome, honey. Any loving parent would do that for their child. You are like a daughter to me, Kamea. I will do what it takes to protect my family."

Then, Cris' Nonna added, "If Isabela did not smack her, I was. Kamea sweetie, just like Isabela said, you are not just Cris' wife, but you are my granddaughter. And, if anyone has problems with that, tell them to come to me."

Cris chimed, "She is right. My grandmother and mother do not play. Sweetheart, you are in good hands."

So, everyone got in their trucks, and we made our way home. While in my truck, I cried the whole ride. My grandmother's words really hurt. 

"How could she wish I was dead, Cris? I never did anything to my grandmother. I loved her. That hurt more than the racist comments." 

He grabbed my hand and kissed it. "I have never in my life seen a display like that before. Sweetheart, your grandmother has some deep, rooted issues as to why she does those things to you. You don't have to hurt no more from her words."

"I have to warn you. Some of my cousins are flirty. And a couple of them are just straight-up jealous of me."

"If she starts trouble, let me know." 

"Of course, handsome."

We pulled up to our house, and Cris parked the truck. He helped the twins out of their seats and out of the truck. They took off and went to play with the other kids. I hesitated a little. Then, he came over and opened the door. Cris held his hand out to me and helped me out.

As soon as we got in the house, I saw Marco fending off the hounds.

"You're Marco Fiore, the model! And you're dating my cousin?" My cousin Lisa asked. Noeli was about to punch her in the mouth.

"See what I mean?" Cris and I both laughed. We went straight to the kitchen because I was hungry and thirsty.

Cris told me to sit and that he would fix me something to eat. He fixed us something, and we found an empty spot in our dining room.

Our house was packed with people, some of them I was hoping would leave. Like my one cousin from Hawaii, Leia - the girl is jealous of everything Noeli and I have. I see her coming this way.

I told Cris, "Here comes one of the annoying ones now. If she starts with me, I will put her in her place."

"Wow, Kamea, I can't believe you live in this house. How can you afford it?" 

"It is none of your darn business how I can afford it. Look, I am pregnant and have not eaten since breakfast. Please leave my husband and me in peace."

"That's right. That is how aunt Jayde......"

I was about to punch her in the mouth, but Cris stopped me.

"Listen, you heard what she said. Let us eat in peace."

"You're too cute to be Kamea's husband. " 

"That's it!" I got in her face and said, "No one will be disrespecting me in my house! I am the queen of this castle! You have always been jealous of what Noeli and I have achieved. You even stole my high school boyfriend. And, you know what? I was not even mad about that. He was a cheat, anyway. Everybody even asked me, "Why did your boyfriend dump you for your cousin? Is he blind or something?"