Chapter 57 - Going Back To Cali Part Two

Cris' POV

Cris' POV

What is Courtney doing here? That little boy is definitely Reed's son. I'm curious as to how old he is. He looks like maybe 2 or 3 years old.

Too bad Reed is not here to watch his son grow up. What was done had to be done to protect my family.

Courtney saw Kamea and she did her best to avoid her. Kamea went back to dancing with the family. I don't feel bad for Courtney, but I do feel bad for their child. His father is dead, and I have no clue what Courtney does for a living. The little boy looks well dressed, so she must be living right.

Kekoa and Isabella were both asleep in one of the upstairs bedrooms. Día and Rocco were running around in the yard with their cousins.

I sat on the patio watching them run around. Kamea must need a break because I see her walking over.

"I need to sit for a minute." First, she grabbed a bottle of water, then sat down next to me.

We saw Avery, Marylyn, and Laurence walking our way. Kamea was not happy. And, neither was I.

She stopped right in front of Kamea. "Avery, what do you have to say to Kamea?" Marylyn had to force her to speak.

"I crossed the line with my comments earlier and I am sorry. It is not up to me to decide who should be their stepmother. It is up to Cris. "

Kam's POV

"Now that I am baby-free, Marylyn and Laurence please forgive me for what I am about to do."

My hand went right across her face. It was so loud the whole state of California probably heard it. I heard Aunt Jackie say, "Thank you because I sure did want to do that."

"Listen to me loud and clear, I know I could never take Alicia's place as their mother. I have so much respect for her. Cris and I tell the kids about their mom every day. And, they know I am not their real mother. But you know what? Día and Rocco love me, and they call me their mother. Those sweet little kids have given me their hearts and I have given them mine. I did not make them or force them. They called me mom on their own. Now, as for your little crush on Cris, that is all it is going to be. Cris is mine and will always be mine. Even if I should die, Cris will be mine. Do you get the hint? Cris Fiore is mine! People just need to respect others' choices when it comes to relationships. I was hoping we could be friends, but that will be up to you. Now, excuse me so I can feed my kids because I can hear them crying."

I excused myself and went into the house to get Isabella and Kekoa. Cris followed me because I heard his footsteps. He picked up Kekoa and I picked up Isabella. Then, we went downstairs to get two bottles from the refrigerator.

After we grabbed the bottles, we walked back outside to the patio.

Día and Rocco were having a ball playing with their cousins. Marylyn came to join us on the patio couch. "Kamea honey, you don't have to apologize. You had every right to smack that child of mine. Maybe she will learn how to think before she speaks from now on. I was not offended at all. Cris, you have a good woman here. Don't ever let her get away. And, Kamea, don't ever let anyone talk down to you. I just love your twins. They are too cute. Come to grandma Marylyn."