Chapter 10 - Big Trouble Ahead

Cris' POV

I did not say one word. I just pounced on the nurse and grabbed him by his shirt!! "Are you freaking crazy?!!!!"

This man was trying to kill Kamea by placing a pillow over her face to suffocate her. We traded blows. He wanted to strangle me, but I was able to fight it off. One thing that was puzzling was that this nurse had a sinister grin on his face.

"Who is this, and why is he trying to kill her? And why hasn't anybody heard the commotion going on in here?"

Suddenly, the machines Kamea was hooked up to started going off. "I ought to kill you right here, but my children are present."

He took another swing at me, and I lost my balance.

"Daddy!" Día screamed. Día and Rocco started crying.

The nurse opened the door and tried to run away. "Stop that, nurse!! He tried to kill my girlfriend!!" Doctors and nurses rushed into the room.

"Sir! Sir! What happened?! " One nurse asked while the rest were tending to Kamea.

"I walked into the room with my kids and saw that nurse with a pillow in his hand trying to kill her."

"Sir, you need medical attention. Follow me. Doctor Weekly will take care of Kamea. She is safe."

"Día and Rocco, come on." This hospital is in serious trouble. We walked over to the first aid station. "I want answers, and I want them now!!!"

I will have someone's head if she dies. I am going to have their head anyway. That intruder punched me in the eye, busted my lip, and I had sore ribs. Another nurse gave me some aspirin to take, and I went to get something to put on my eye.

I took this time to call my parents and tell them what had happened. After I got off the phone, I saw Kamea's family entering the waiting room. When they saw me, they ran over to see what had happened. The twins ran over to Kamea's sister, whom they have come to love to pieces, and squeezed her tight.

"What happened, Cris?" Kamea's mom, Jayde, asked, concerned.

I broke down and cried again. "When the kids and I went into Kamea's room, I saw a nurse trying to suffocate her with a pillow. I told the kids to hide and fought with the nurse. He ran out of the room. I could not get to him in time. I'm so sorry."

Kamea'a dad was seething and hot like lava flowing from a volcano.

"By the time we get through suing them, there won't be a Parkview General Hospital left!" Kamea's father ran straight to her room.

"You really do love Kami, don't you?"

"Yes, I really do. She means the world to me."

"My husband and I weren't sure at first. But now we see it. You have our blessing. Please take loving care of her, Cris. Don't do anything to break our trust. My husband and I are very protective of our girls. And you can call me Jayde or Mama Jayde."

"Thank you, and I won't disappoint you." Jayde then made her way toward Kamea's room.

"Do you mind if I take the twins to get some ice cream in the cafeteria?" Noelani asked.

"Can we go, daddy?" Rocco and Día pleaded.

"Of course. And, promise me you will behave."

"We promise, daddy." Then, they walked towards the elevator for the cafeteria.

"It's amazing how those two are so comfortable around Kamea's family. I love it." 

I couldn't help but smile at my kids.