Chapter 37 - Baby Shower #1

Briana's POV

Today was a day off, so Jake and I spent the day together. We were walking near the food court and saw commotion happening over there.

"Jake, that looks like Kam over there. She is hysterical."

We both ran over to the food court, and as we got closer, we saw Cris beating the pulp out of somebody.

"Kam, what happened here?! I thought you all were in Florida until the end of summer?"

Jake went to stop Cris from killing the dude.

"Cris and I flew back because I had a doctor's appointment to find out the gender of our twins. We were due to leave today but had to reschedule because tomorrow morning, I have to get blood work done. We decided to go shopping for baby things and maternity clothes today. So, we took a break to eat lunch. Cris was on the line at Chipotle ordering our food. I was just sitting here, minding my own business, when that guy that Cris is fighting came over to me. I was on the phone talking to Noeli, and he started staring into my face. He wouldn't walk away. So I told Noeli to hold on and told the guy to leave me alone and that I was happily married."

"As I got up to go stand with Cris, this creep grabbed my arm and didn't let go. I screamed Cris's name. Cris turned around and saw this guy grabbing me and immediately came over. Then, the guy said to Cris and me, "She's your wife? Why do beautiful black women date or marry out of their race?"

"Jake has to stop Cris because I can't watch him go to jail."

"Kam, does your arm still hurt?" Mall security came over to try and pull Cris off this guy. Jake is very muscular, and even he couldn't do it.

"It does. He had a really tight grip on my right arm. It feels sore."

"Let me check it." She had on one of his shirts, so I had her roll up the sleeve. I put a little pressure on the spot where he grabbed her. "Does that hurt?"

"A little bit. Not too much now. I tried to yank it away from his grip but stopped because I didn't want to fall and hurt myself."

"Come on. We need to get you to first aid. I need an x-ray machine to make sure everything is okay. Stay right here."

I walked over to where Jake was standing. They finally were able to get Cris off that guy. "Cris and Jake, I am going with Kam to first aid and make sure her arm is okay."

I walked back to Kam, and we left to find the first aid room.

Jake's POV

"Cris, what the heck happened?!" The security and police asked the same question.

"We took a break from baby shopping to get something to eat. Kamea sat down while I went to Chipotle. She screamed my name, and I turned around. I saw him grabbing her arm, so I immediately came over. When he saw that I was Kamea's husband, he told both of us, "She's your wife? Why do beautiful black women date or marry out of their race?"

The guy opened his mouth and said, "And I am still waiting for an answer! She is too beautiful to be with you!"

Cris was seriously about to kill this guy. I grabbed him before he lunged at him. "Cris, don't do it! Think about Kam! I thought you guys were in Florida?"

"We came back because Kamea had an appointment Monday to see what the twins are, but her doctor also wanted to do blood work, so we are here until tomorrow afternoon. Then, we are going back."

Cris' POV

"Sir, we are going to need a statement from your wife when she returns."