Chapter 26 - Trip to Italy

Songs in this chapter - 'Baby Boy' by Beyonce

Kam's POV

Over the past month, Cris and I have decided to stay in Santa Cruz until after our wedding. I miss my job and friends, but to be honest, I am starting to love Santa Cruz.

From the hospital settlement and insurance money from the house fire, it was a lot. And, not what I was expecting. It was more. I got the full value of what was paid for the house - a little over $450,000. And the hospital settlement was for close to $250,000. After taxes, it was still quite a considerable chunk left, so I set up bank accounts for Día and Rocco for when they grow up. And I saved the rest.

Also, over that time, I picked my wedding dress, reception dress, and dresses for my wedding party. Cris and the guys picked out suits.

But for some reason, I have been extremely fatigued, as well as irritable. My stomach felt nauseous a few times, so I drank plenty of ginger ale to soothe it.

Whenever I talk with Isabela and my mom, they give me these big smiles. I ask them what they are smiling about, and they say, "Oh, nothing. You'll see soon." And, then, they look at each other and giggle.

Jake has been the best friend ever. He plays with Día and Rocco all the time. Sometimes, he will watch them while Cris and I go out on a date or need some alone time. I hope Jake finds that special one for him one day.

**************************

*Week of the Gala - May*

*Cris' POV*

The day had come for us to leave for Italy. Kamea had been throwing up all morning. "Sweetheart, are you going to be okay? You don't look so good."

"Cris, I don't feel so good. I have been to the bathroom about three times this morning, throwing up. I also feel like I am being weighed down by a ton of bricks. I don't know what's wrong with me."

"Are you sure you want to go?"

"Of course, I want to go. I want to be there to support you. I can lie down on the plane. Can we stop for some ginger ale?"

"Okay, sweetheart." We said goodbye to Día, Rocco, and my parents.

"Bye, mommy and daddy," They both said and gave us hugs.

"Goodbye, my little prince and princess." Kamea blew them a kiss.

I got a limo to take us to the airport. But first, we had to stop for some ginger ale. Jake went into the store to get Kamea some ginger ale. He found some ginger chews, too, and got some for her.

"Thank you, Jake," Kamea said as she rested her head on my chest.

As we arrived at the airport, I told Kamea, once we had taken off, to go lay down. Our luggage was placed on the plane, and we received clearance to take off.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Fiore. Sit back, relax and enjoy your flight." And, we were off.

Before Kamea went to lie down, "Oh goodness, here it comes again." And after that, she ran into the bathroom to throw up.

Jake's POV

"Is Kam okay?"

"She says she is, but I don't buy it. She said to me before we left that she was in the bathroom 3 or 4 times throwing up. If she keeps it up, I am taking her to the hospital as soon as we land."