Chapter 15 - Welcome Back, Sweetheart

The Rock as Uncle Keoni

Vin Diesel as Uncle Koa

Cris's POV

I could not wait to feel her lips on mine again. Her amnesia must go.

"I love you, Kamea. Ever since we first met." We resumed kissing, and it began to get serious.

"Then prove it," she said.

"What about your arm and leg?" I asked her.

"I can take the pain. I want you to prove to me you love me."

While not breaking our kiss, I picked her up off the couch and went to her room. I closed the door to her room. We both started throwing clothes everywhere. We were both down to our underwear and resumed kissing. Just as that was about to come off, we both heard a knock on the door.

"Daddy? Ms. Kam? I don't feel so good," Día cried out.

So, I got up and put my pants and shirt back on, and went to check on my baby girl.

"What's wrong, baby girl?"

"My tummy hurts, daddy."

I checked Dia's forehead, and she was burning up. I scooped Día up and laid her down on the couch.

"I'll be right back, baby." I went to get a thermometer, some children's Tylenol, and a lukewarm washcloth. When I got back, Kamea sat on the couch and started rocking Dia.

"Sweetheart, let me take your temperature." Did had a temperature of 103 degrees. "Take this for daddy."

I gave Dia Tylenol and some water to drink. After she took the pills and drank the water, I put the washcloth on her forehead. While Día and Kamea lay on the couch, I sat on the loveseat adjacent to the couch.

We must have all fallen asleep because when I looked at them on the couch, they were out like a light. I went and got a blanket to place over them. I felt Día's head again. Her temperature seemed to go down some, so I went and got her another lukewarm cloth. And then I went back over to the loveseat.