Chapter 49 - Baby Shower #2 Part 2

Kam's POV

I saw all of my family and friends. Then, I noticed baby decorations. It is another shower.

"Kamea and Layla, welcome to your joint baby shower, Cris announced.

Layla's POV

"Me too? But my little one isn't due until June." I couldn't help but start to cry. Kam did too.

"Layla, both you and Kamea deserve this. Ryan and I came up with the idea. You both have been friends for life but just reunited. And, now pregnant at the same time. Few friends can say that. The gifts for you and Ryan are not gender specific."

"Oh gosh, thank you all so much for this. I am sorry for screaming at you earlier, sugar. And, thank you."

"It's okay, Layla. And you're welcome."

"Braelyn has a surprise for both of you, Layla and Ryan. Turn around and see your surprise."

"Mommy, look!"

I turned around to see, "Bliss?!! Is that really you?"

"Surprise, Layla!"

She came over and hugged me for what seemed like forever. We both started crying. "It is so good to see you again. And I see you met my little munchkin."

"It is good to see you too, Layla. And I sure have. Braelyn is a sweet little girl. She asked if she could call me auntie."

"This is one of the best days ever. A baby shower, and I have my girls with me - Kam and Bliss."

Ryan's POV

"And, how is my brother from another mother doing? Congratulations, Layla and Ryan. I am so happy for you both."

"I'm doing fine. It's really good to see you again too, Bliss. And, thank you."

Cris announced, "The food is ready, everyone. So, please help yourselves. Layla and Kamea, your plates are on the way."

"Thanks, Cris. How do you and Bliss know each other?"Layla asked.

"Layla, Ryan was the brother I wish I had. We met at NYU. We shared a room in a co-ed dorm. He did ask me out a few times. Ryan was even the first guy that I kissed. That only happened once. But I wanted no part of a relationship. After that, we became best friends. You have a great guy there, girl."

"She was the prettiest girl on campus, with a very infectious smile. Of course, I tried. But I respected her decision, and we became best friends. Wait until my parents see you."

"That's right, Bliss. You didn't want a relationship at all. You were so focused on your schooling - in high school and college. But I see that changed. I'm happy for you too."

"Nope. Guess I didn't find Mr. Right. Ryan scared away the jerks because most of them wanted me for inappropriate behavior. He even beat a few of them up."

"That's right. I sure did and would do it again."

"Speaking of relationships, guess what?" I looked down at Bliss' right hand and immediately saw an engagement ring. I'm guessing it is from the guy standing next to her.

"This handsome guy standing next to me asked me two weeks ago to be his girlfriend in Italy."

Shane's POV

"And she said yes."

"Are you Shane Landes, owner of Landes Industries? That is a beautiful building. I drive by it every day on my way to my building. My daughter loves it. She says, 'Mommy, look at the pretty building.'"