Chapter 17 - First Date - Part 1

Cris's POV

"Cris! Cris!" Suddenly, I felt something tapping me.

"Are you okay? You were making the bed squeak. Were you having a nightmare or something?" Kamea said with a concerned look on her face.

"I-I-I'm fine. Bad dream. Yes, that is what it was. Let's go with that. I'll be right back." I hopped out of that bed fast and went to take a cold shower.

After about 20 minutes in the bathroom, I wound up going to the sitting area and watching television. Shortly after, a pair of hands massaged my shoulders, and I felt lips on my cheek. It felt good.

"Woman, you are driving me crazy," I groaned.

"You flinched when I touched your shoulders. Cris, are you really okay?" So, I grabbed Kamea's hands and guided her around the couch. I motioned for her to sit on my lap.

"I have to think of something quick."

"Just thinking about what happened in the park earlier. It's like Candi followed us here. Why can't she just leave us alone? She made her choice, and now she must live with it. I made my choice, and I love it."

"Candi and Reed both lost what was good in their lives. Now, I realize Reed really wanted me for sex. And it seems like Candi was with you because of money. But it worked out for both of us. I am yours, and you are mine," Kamea said while smiling.

"I feel like I am in a dream. I never thought I would be happy again. I was starting to feel content being single. The one thing about you that stuck with me was how you defended me against Reed. And, Mr. Cris, out of the corner of my eyes, I could see the way you lustfully looked at me while I was dancing."

"How could I not? You were working that dance. While you were dancing last night at the party, I had that same look. I meant what I said that I would do anything for you and that you would be mine. And look, here we are together."

"I have to tell you, though, I can be possessive about what is mine. Meaning, if anyone comes near my man, they are dead. I have been that way with every relationship."

"I can tell, especially how you stood up for us at dinner. I love that feeling. I know we have only been together briefly, but it seems like forever. I am never going to let you go."

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure, love."

"While I had Amnesia, did we have sex?"

I gulped but had to tell her what had almost happened. "We almost did. It almost happened the day before you no longer had Amnesia. I was watching tv on the couch, and you sat down with me. I just finished telling you about the house fire. And then you told me you wanted to do something since you saw me at the hospital. The next thing I knew, you pulled me into an amazing kiss. After that, you wanted me to prove how much I loved you. So, after carrying you to your bedroom, we stripped down to our underwear. Before it could go any further, Dia knocked on the door and said she wasn't feeling good. I was glad it didn't happen because I didn't want you to hate me after you came out of Amnesia."

Kamea had her face in the palms of her hands.

"I did that? It wasn't your fault. I am the one who initiated it. I am not shy at all. And thank you for telling me. While my sister and I lived at home, our parents told us to wait to have sex with someone who was special to us. That always stuck with me because one can never get their virginity back. So, it was Reed, and I's third anniversary. He said he wanted to tell me something, so I thought he would propose. I was prepared to have sex with him because I thought he was special to me. But when I heard him and Courtney, I was devastated. Now that I look back, I am thankful that I didn't because I didn't want to have any connections with him. After that, it scared me to date again. I didn't want to be looked at as a sex object. So if you were wondering, yes, I am a virgin. And, I am not ashamed that I am."