Chapter 58 - Going Back To Cali Part Three

Kam's POV

Kam's POV

No! No! No! This can't be happening! It is bad enough I watched my mother die last year. Now, this happens?! This poor, little boy just witnessed his mom dying. I know Courtney wasn't an angel, but she did not deserve to die.

"Excuse me, do you need me to come to the hospital with her? Courtney was her name, and this is her son Devin. I have her mom's number. Where is her body being taken?"

"That would be great if you could ride with us. She is being taken to Woodland General Hospital, the female paramedic says.

"Okay. Thank you. I need to tell my husband and I will be right back."

As soon as I stood up, I felt a tug on my dress. I looked down and saw Devin. I picked him up and carried him with me to Cris. I don't know how Cris is going to feel about it, but I need to discuss it with him. I can't leave this poor, helpless child to go through the foster care system.

"Cris, they are taking Courtney to Woodland General Hospital. I'm riding there with her. Courtney's mom's number is on my phone. Can you call her? My passcode is 0418. Courtney's mom's name is Lauren Matthews. And, there is something we need to talk about."

Cris had a puzzled look on his face when I mentioned the last part. I gave all four of my kids a kiss before I walked to the ambulance.

***************

Cris POV

"Día and Rocco, I need you to help daddy with Isabella and Kekoa."

I put them in their strollers, then Día and Rocco pushed the babies' strollers to the truck.

After unlocking the doors, Día and Rocco buckled themselves in their seats. I checked them to make sure they buckled them correctly. And, they did. I gave them both a high-five. Then, I put Isabella and Kekoa in their seats and buckled them up.

Before I pull off, I need to call Courtney's mom. I punched in Kamea's passcode and scrolled through her contacts and I found it.

*********

Cris: "Mrs. Matthews, my name is Cris Fiore. My wife, Kamea, was friends with Courtney."

Lauren: "Hi, Mr. Fiore. How is Kamea doing? I miss her a lot. I was not happy at Courtney for what she did."

Cris: "Kamea is doing great. I have some sad news to share. Did you know Courtney was taking her son, Devin, to Chuck E. Cheese?"

Lauren: "She did mention it. I remember kissing Devin and told them to have fun."

Cris: "There is no easy way to say this. While Courtney and Devin were entering Chuck E. Cheese, we saw a blue Suburban pull up and a very angry man marched up to her. The next thing we know, everyone inside saw the man take out a gun. He shot Courtney three times, then fled the scene. Before he shot her, he screamed, 'I told you that you can never run away from me!!' Sadly, Courtney passed away. Kamea rode with her body to the hospital. She was taken to Woodland General Hospital."