Chapter 64 - Good Riddance To Chase

Kam's POV

Kam's POV

If I am really pregnant, both Layla and I need to get out of here. Morning sickness is here. I heard some commotion outside my room.

"The boss says we need to move these two to the Tampa house now!"

One of the bodyguards entered my room. "Let's get moving! You're going to Tampa now." I mustered up the little energy I had and got up off the bed. After stepping out of the room, I finally saw Layla.

"Layla, are you okay?"

"I'm fine. I'm sorry, Kam, that I couldn't do anything to stop him," she said with tears as we grabbed each other's hands and went down the steps.

"Layla, please don't blame yourself. Maybe Cris and Ryan are at the house. We at least need to get you to safety."

Once we made it downstairs, we walked out of the front door to a black SUV waiting for us. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Jake walking over to our house. I screamed as loud as I could. "JAKE!!!!"

He heard me, saw me and Layla, then made a mad dash over to us.

"Shut your mouth and get in the truck!!" They covered our mouths, then we were separated. Layla and I thought the same thing, so we bit their hands. Hopefully, Jake makes it in time. I struggled to get out of his grip.

Jake started fighting with the guy that held Layla. "Layla, go to Jake's house and hide!!"

She can't run, so I hope she makes it in time.

Jake tussled with the guy until I heard a gunshot. I was then shoved in the truck. "Let's get out of here before the police come!"

I looked out the window and saw Jake on the ground. I rolled down the window as the SUV pulled off. "Jake, no!" I couldn't stop my tears. I saw Cris' Escalade go by.

Both idiots sat in the front seats, so I screamed out the window, "CRIS!!!!"

He heard me and made a U-turn in the middle of the street to start chasing the SUV. He pulled up beside the SUV.

"Layla is at Jake's house. And, Jake was shot!! Cris, he......" That was all I could say before I puked out the window.

One of the SUVs behind Cris made a turn and I'm guessing went back to the house.

Meanwhile, the guy driving started weaving through traffic to lose Cris, but Cris stayed with him. I puked again out the window.

"What is wrong with you?!" He asked.

"That's what happens when a woman is pregnant!!!!"

If it happens again, I know what to do. We were still in a car chase. They made a sharp right turn. And, for a minute, lost Cris.

They started laughing like it was over. "Now, let's head to Tampa." But, up ahead the street was blocked off - by Cris and my father's SUVs. Oh, this is not a good thing. I hope they don't crash into Cris and my father. They tried to make a U-turn and were successful, but now they were blocked in by Marco's SUV.