Chapter 28 - New Love & Trouble

Kam's POV

Looking around and seeing how everyone was laughing, eating, and enjoying themselves, made me so happy. I think the mood swings are kicking in because I started crying. I tried to hide it, but Cris noticed.

"Sweetheart, are you okay? Why are you crying? Are you in pain? Do you need me to take you to the hospital?"

"Oh no, I'm fine. These are happy tears. I'm just looking at everyone and how they are happy for us." I started rubbing my belly. "I know it is only May, but I can't wait until these little ones are born."

Día and Rocco came running over, so Cris and I looked at each other and talked to them about the news.

"Guess what? You are going to be a big sister and brother."

"Another boy?" Rocco asked.

"We don't know yet. But it could be," Cris then answered.

Then Dia asked, "Am I still going to be 'princess?'"

"Sweetie, you will always be my princess. I love you both very much. That will never change. The only thing that will change is that we will have two more little ones to love."

"Okay, mommy." Día and Rocco then skipped over to my mom.

"Ewww, what is that smell?" I turned around, and somebody was eating shrimp.

"Don't you love shrimp, Kami?" My father asked.

"I do, but it's making me nauseous. Excuse me." I got up and made a mad dash to the bathroom.

Cris' POV

Well, now it is coffee and shrimp that make her feel nauseous. Dang. "How am I going to have my coffee in the morning?"

I was talking with Marco, Andre, and Marissa and noticed Kamea did not come back yet. It was a little over a half-hour. Then, I saw Mama Jayde motion for me to come over to her.

"Cris, Kami said she felt weak from throwing up. She tried to get up from the floor but felt her legs were about to give out."

No wonder she hasn't come back yet. So, Mama Jayde and I ran into the house and to the bathroom. Kamea looked up at me and said, "I can't move. I have been throwing up for the last 25 minutes. When I tried to get up, I couldn't. These babies are doing a number on my belly."

I went over to pick Kamea up and carried her over to the couch. I sat down with her and started to console her.

"I feel so embarrassed."

"Sweetheart, don't be."

"Kami, honey, each mother's experience with morning sickness is different. When I was pregnant with you, it was not bad at all. But, when I was pregnant with your brother and Noeli, it was bad. Don't feel embarrassed at all. Morning sickness can happen at any time. Let Cris here take care of you, understand? "

"Yes, mom."

"And I am a phone call away if you need me. I'll get you some ginger ale. Be right back."

"I just want to stay inside."

I grabbed the remote and turned on the tv. Noeli and Marissa came in.

"Are you okay, Kam?" Marissa asked.

"I'm okay now. I forgot to tell you all I met some of the real Valentino Toscano and his family. And guess what? They are coming to the wedding. And Cocoa is making our cake."

"No way! For real?" Noeli excitedly said.

Marco came in when he heard that.

"You got to meet Mr. Toscano?"