Chapter 8 - You Are A Wanted Man, Reed!

Cris's POV

"So, what do you both think?" I asked my parents. "My mind is made up. I want Kamea to be my future - mother for the twins, my wife, and mother to our children. I want to travel with her - take her wherever she wants to go. She is the one I want. I am so in love with her, Mom, and dad. She is everything I want in a woman and more. I know we just met at my club on Saturday, but ever since that day, I can't stop thinking about her. And, you heard Día and Rocco - they love her too."

"Her previous relationship hurt her really bad. She was going to surprise her boyfriend on their third anniversary, but she caught him cheating. It's been a year, but she is afraid to open her heart again. I'm willing to wait forever for her."

"Believe me, son. I know how she feels. Before your father and I met, I was in a similar relationship as Kamea. There is no set time that the hurt will last. But I can tell you are passionate about her just by how you look at her. Give her some time, and her love for you will grow just as much as you have for her. And mama can't wait for more grandchildren," my mom said with joy in her voice.

My dad agreed. "It took me a bit before your mom and I started dating. I never gave up on her because just like how you love Kamea, I felt the same way about your mom."

My mom started blushing like crazy when my dad said that.

"Your father was quite the charmer back then, and he still is. Keep showing her that she is special - through your words and actions. You have to show both - not one more than the other," my mom added.

"I promise."

I noticed Kamea hadn't called me yet, and I started worrying. My phone was right beside me, and it didn't ring once. So, I kept it beside me as I read the twins a story.

*20 minutes later. *

My five-year-old daughter, bless her heart, could tell something was wrong.

"Daddy, don't look so sad. Everything will be okay." Then, she jumped up from her covers and gave me a big hug.

"I hope so, sweetheart. I was just waiting for Ms. Kam to call me and make sure she made it home safe."

"Daddy, we like Ms. Kam. She is really nice."

"Me too, baby girl." 

"I more than like her. I love her. Please call me love. I am worried about you." 

*30 minutes later. *

I couldn't wait anymore, so I went downstairs and asked my parents if they could stay with Día and Rocco.

"Call us and let us know if she is okay," my dad replied with a concerned look on his face. So, I ran outside to my truck and drove to her house. You all are probably asking, "How does he know that?" Well, I have my ways, and I am the only one who needs to know that.

When I pulled up to her house, I saw the most horrific scene. My heart broke—police cars surrounded her house. So, I walked up to one of the officers asking, "Excuse me, officer, but this is my girlfriend's house. What happened to her?" 

"Well, she will be, but not yet."

"Sir, someone broke into your girlfriend's house. From the way we found her, they pushed her down the stairs really hard. She was rushed to the hospital."

"Thank you, officer." Two emotions overcame me - anger and hurt. My blood was boiling, and I thought I was about to burst a blood vessel. Hurt because she didn't deserve this.

I called home to tell my parents what had happened and didn't know when I would be back. "Please don't tell Día and Rocco anything yet. I will tell them what happened."