THAT PERSON

XXVI. THAT PERSON

 THAT PERSON

     If there was something Sirene Black could do to get out of this thing, trust me she wouldn't be here right now, but of course the whole universe hates her, so she is

If there was something Sirene Black could do to get out of this thing, trust me she wouldn't be here right now, but of course the whole universe hates her, so she is. If you're wondering what I'm talking about - it's Sirius and Sirene. They got paired in potions together.

She didn't dare look at him though, she was planning on making an excuse and dip out of the class but unfortunately, again, the universe hates her.

Of course, of bloody course, out of all the times Andrew Rosier could've chosen to prank her back - he chose potions. It's just great, isn't it? One day, Sirene is going to go and punch fate right in the face while she's wearing rings.

Now, I get that you might be confused about what happened so, let's go back to that lesson, should we?

"Amortentia" Professor Slughorn said motioning to the cauldron on the table in front of the students who were all lined up, enchanted by the smell, of course Sirene wasn't quite doing that because she was busy glaring daggers at the book. Hey, don't judge, it was either that book or her brother.

"Mr and Ms Black, if you please" Professor Slughorn said, "Step forward and tell the class what you smell"

"Do we have to-" Sirene started with a wincing experience, but the look on Professor Slughorn's face definitely said 'just step forward you twat'. She sighed to herself before stepping forward. Sirius followed after with an annoyed expression on his face.

Sirene leaned forward and sniffed a bit, but she couldn't get what the smells were until she took another sniff, "Um, burning wood, sea waves and some kind of perfume"

"Thank you, Ms. Black" Professor Slughorn said, motioning Sirius to step forward, "Now, Mr. Black"

Sirius rolled his eyes before leaning forward and smelling the potion, "Erm, burning wood, peppermint and..." he paused taking another sniff before a look of horror took its place, "Bubblegum"

Sirene watched his brother in confusion as he stepped away from the potion almost as if he was in a daze.

     Sirene gave him an odd look before walking back to her seat, and then opened her book again, flipping to the page where the instructions for amortentia were written. Sirius sat down next to her, wishing he could be talking to James right now.