WE DIDN'T START THE FIRE

XXXIII. WE DIDN'T START THE FIRE

 WE DIDN'T START THE FIRE

     Sirene Black was exhausted

Sirene Black was exhausted. She was tired of her feelings being messed up, she was tired of feeling numb at the most random moments, she wanted to go back to the way she used to be when she was twelve. She was open, she was carefree and she certainly wasn't the disaster she is now.

It's funny how she peaked at age twelve and it's all just been going downhill ever since.

She stared at the letter in hands with fire in her belly, how dare him? How fucking dare him? He thinks he has the right to just order her around like that? She was going to prove him how wrong he was and it wasn't going to be subtle. It was going to be a slap in the face.

Daughter,
I have recently heard about your mother kicking you out of the house without my input, I am utterly disappointed with both of you. What caused such a rash decision? I hope we can mend our relationship over tea this weekend at Three Broomsticks, the private room on the second floor. I want you to bring honor to our family, the reputation of the most noble and ancient house of Black will not be tarnished because of stupid women fighting. You will marry into a respectable pureblood family and serve the dark lord. Write back to me as soon as you can.
From,
Orion Black.

For now she simply watched the flames consume the letter entirely, leaving its ashes behind.

    She couldn't believe her father, he had the audacity to give her orders and tell her what to do after everything he put her and her siblings through as a kid, as miserable as she is right now without a proper home - she wasn't delusional.

She knew there would be no mending because there was never a relationship to begin with - it was a formality for them to raise their kids, just so they could show them off. For years the twins and Regulus were just trophies to show off, when they were still agreeing to their parents, that is of course, the kind of trophies that you keep in a showcase just to take out occasionally and then put them right back when you're done.