DOING GOD'S WORK PT. II

XVI. DOING GOD'S WORK PT. II

 II

    Remember when Sirene said she wasn't going to take credit for what happened? Well, she takes it back because it seemed to work out just as she'd hoped

     Let's go back a few hours.

     "Merlin" Remus muttered, "I can't believe I'm doing this!"

     "Oh, would you relax?" Sirene scoffed, "You don't even have to do something, you just know about the plan, that's all!"

     "I never should've walked inside that damned compartment" he said shaking his head, "It seems like I walked into nothing short of a shit load of trouble!"

     "Once again" Sirene said rolling her eyes, "You don't have to do anything, just tell me when Slughorn's not looking"

     "I've got it!" James said, pushing his bag up his shoulders again, making his way through the crowd to Remus and Sirene, "I've got the bag!"

     "Great!" Sirene said excitedly, "This is going to be amazing!"

     "You bet your arse it is!" James said, giving her a high five.

     The three of them made their way to potions, the crowd making space for them to walk without bumping into anyone. James was walking with a grin on his face and his hands in his pocket, Remus was fiddling with his sleeves as always, and Sirene with a blank expression on her face that always seemed to be there while she wasn't spending time with her friends.

     Well, it's more like that to intimidate people but still.

     "Hey, Remus!" A soft voice called out, making the three of them turn around to come face to face with Lauren Laurel, "You forgot this" she said, holding up a notebook with Remus's neatly written name on top.

     "Oh" Remus said taking the notebook from her, "Thank you for returning this" he passed her a charming smile.

     James and Sirene looked at each other with identical expressions, the smirk being the dominant one.