BLACKBIRDS SINGING

XXII. BLACKBIRDS SINGING

 BLACKBIRDS SINGING

    The party was exactly as boring as everyone said it would be, Lily seemed to be having a good time though, so did Alice and Marlene

The party was exactly as boring as everyone said it would be, Lily seemed to be having a good time though, so did Alice and Marlene. Sirene and Andrew had parted ways since they arrived at the place, not really seeing much of each other.

Sirene was ok though, there was noise, there were people dancing, everyone was happy, she slowly found herself making her way to the window that showed the night sky, though there were no stars showing because stupid clouds were covering them.

She's always hated clouds, even as a child, all the sun, the moon and the stars wanted to do was shine but the petty clouds wouldn't let them, that being said she loves them too, it's always fun to watch the clouds move together and travel in a slow speed, it was almost calming in a way.

"Ok, break time is over!" Andrew said in a hushed voice, startling Sirene who gave him an exhausted look, "Vanessa is here"

"So?" Sirene asked focusing back on the clouds moving.

"You're my pretend date" Andrew said, "You're supposed to be pretending to be my date so someone else, like Vanessa, doesn't ask me to dance"

"Ugh, fine" Sirene rolled her eyes before saying, "What do you want me to do?"

"Just be with me" Andrew shrugged, "Present in the party and maybe not gaze out of the window?"

"Well, you see, the clouds are much better to look at than your face" Sirene said with a teasing grin, "Can you blame me?"

Andrew threw her a glare before motioning her to step forward and back into the party, she rolled her eyes at his corny behavior.

"That's the eleventh time you've rolled your eyes at me" Andrew said with a chuckle, "If you do it more often they might just get stuck back there"

"And that's a bad thing..how?" Sirene said with an innocent look, "It'll prevent me from looking at you, wouldn't it?"

"And that's the third time you've insulted my looks today"