BACK HOME WE GO

XXXXVII. BACK HOME WE GO

 BACK HOME WE GO

     The break was here before the kids could blink, everyone was hurrying inside the dormitory trying to stuff their trunks and inevitably using the shrinking charm so that they could fit more clothes inside it

The break was here before the kids could blink, everyone was hurrying inside the dormitory trying to stuff their trunks and inevitably using the shrinking charm so that they could fit more clothes inside it. Marlene was busy spending time with Lyra as much as she could before the holidays since she wouldn't be able to see her during those days.

Sirene was busy fussing with her tie that Lily would inevitably help her with, and Alice was writing to Frank urgently reminding him that he had to come to the Thanksgiving dinner at her parent's house. As if Frank would ever forget about a day he could spend with Alice.

Lily was upset about leaving Hogwarts because her sister threw a tantrum and now because her boyfriend is coming over to stay for a few days, no one can send her letters.

"We can always talk after the holidays?" Marlene said trying to cheer up the redhead who just sighed in return, "I'm sorry, Lils"

"I think I might have a solution!" Sirene said getting up from her bed instantly, "I bought this diary thing from Zonko's when I was with Andrew there, and he told me it works. So..." she went through her trunk trying to find the journals.

"What are these?" Lily asked motioning to the two identical notebooks in Sirene's hands, "I know I'm a 'nerd' and all but I don't think notebooks are going to help me feel less lonely"

"Please" Sirene huffed sitting down next to her, "These are so we can talk without the owls, all you have to do is write in it and the same thing that you wrote down on your diary will be on mine too, and it'll stay there for a whole day so there's no way I can miss it"

"Wait, really?" Lily said excitedly, "That's amazing! Thanks a lot, Si!"

"You're welcome!" Sirene grinned at her friend and then frowned looking down at her mess of a tie, "Now can you help me with this, please?"

"Seven years and there hasn't been a single day I haven't fixed your tie" Lily said with a small chuckle as she fiddled with the tie in her hand before handing it to Sirene, "Maybe it's time you learnt"