SHORT LONG RIDE HOME

IX. SHORT LONG RIDE HOME

 SHORT LONG RIDE HOME

         Remember when Sirene Black said she wanted to go home so she can relax a bit, well she takes it back, she takes it all back, as she sat in the compartment with Marlene, Alice, Lily and Dorcas she was reminded of how things actually were a...

Remember when Sirene Black said she wanted to go home so she can relax a bit, well she takes it back, she takes it all back, as she sat in the compartment with Marlene, Alice, Lily and Dorcas she was reminded of how things actually were at home.

Her mother's cold glares, her father's unreasonably high expectations, pureblood mania, comparison with every living and breathing being, Kreacher - their house elf - hating them with every fiber of his being.

Not to mention, the idea of spending Christmas without the girls felt extremely wrong to her, these girls have been more of a family to her than her real blood family.

She watched the scene change through the train window, drowning out the noise of everyone talking and laughing about spending Christmas with their family.

Suddenly, something hit her forehead - making her furrow her brows as she looked around to see Marlene snapping her fingers, "Oi, Black! You okay?"

"Of course" Sirene lied, sitting criss-cross-applesauce on the train seat, "Just a bit distracted, that's all!"

"Yeah, sure..." Marlene said suspiciously narrowing her eyes at her before biting off the head of her chocolate frog, "You know, my parents would love to have you over for Christmas again!"

"Yeah!" Alice said excitedly, turning to look at Sirene, "Lily and I are meeting up at Mar's at Christmas too! It'd be amazing if you could come!"

"Yes, it will be so much fun!" Lily said, her eyes widening with excitement and a huge smile on her face, "I'll bring some muggle games for us to play too!"

"You guys..." Sirene started a disappointed look on her face, "You know I would love to come, but my parents won't allow it"

"I get it!" Dorcas said, with a frown of her own, "My family's like that too! 'Christmas time is family time' they say"

      "Yeah, haha" Sirene said with a fake smile, "Totally!"

      "Haha" Alice, Marlene and Lily chuckled awkwardly together knowing the condition at Sirene's home.