THE LUCKY ONE

XXXIX. THE LUCKY ONE

 THE LUCKY ONE

      Sirene was lucky that she had so many people that cared for her, with her friends she never once thought of how her life could've been if only her parents hadn't been so tough of Sirius and Sirene

Sirene was lucky that she had so many people that cared for her, with her friends she never once thought of how her life could've been if only her parents hadn't been so tough of Sirius and Sirene. Maybe they would've been as tight knit of a family as the Potters are.

      Sirene loved Euphemia and Fleamont with all her heart, she thought they were just adorable. James took up after her mother a lot, apparently his mother was quite the prankster in her days and his father was the one who kept her in check.

      They looked after Sirius and Sirene as if they were one of their own, Sirene appreciated that very much, and the food was also a plus - turns out Fleamont is into cooking, it's 'his thing' as he calls it. Every week he cooks something new after watching some kind of show about it on the muggle screen where the humans talk, it's called a television, Sirene thinks.

       The summer was simply the best one Sirene had ever had, Euphemia Potter gave her the maternal love Walburga failed to give. Fleamont Potter was the only sane one in the family, his words not Sirene's, but from what Sirene could tell he loved his family more than anything in the world.

      James, well he was amazing, he never once made Sirius and Sirene feel like they didn't belong there, he treated them as if they were part of the family, even going as far to call them his siblings, lightheartedly but the twins appreciated it anyway.

      "Sirene, darling, have you got your trunk?" Euphemia asked the girl who smiled in return holding up the trunk to show the woman.

      "Of course, Mia" Sirene said chuckling, "How could I forget my trunk on the way to Hogwarts?"

      "Living with James, anything seems possible" Fleamont answered as his son passed him an offended look, "Take care, all of you"

      "And write to us" Euphemia said pulling Sirene into a hug that Sirene returned, she was getting better at that, "Every week"

      "I'll write twice a week, if you want" Sirene said to Mia who smiled in return, "See you at Christmas break"

      "Bye, Mia!" Sirius said waving to the woman and then giving Fleamont a mock salute.