cheeseball; bestie

"Got it!" Gojou cheered, and you joined in after he was able to catch the cheese ball you threw in his mouth. "We're so good at this!"

"Yes we are," you agreed, when your phone rang.

Gojou was sprawled on the couch and lifted his head up when he heard your ringtone. "Is it Nanami?"

"Yeah, so it must be important," you muttered before you answered it. "Hello?"

"Can you thoroughly check the sewers for the patch face cursed spirit, Gojou should've told you about. I would but Itadori's been injured."

Your eyes widened. "Injured-?"

"Questions later, go help out Ino-kun right now."

"You got it," you quickly walked over to the front door, slipping your shoes on as you talked to Nanami. "I'll be giving you a beating as solid as whatever Itadori got though."

He ended the call there and Gojou got up as well. "Want me to tag along?"

"No they might have you on standby, I can handle this." He walked over to you quickly and you made sure to give him a quick kiss before rushing out the door.

"He's nowhere, can't find him," you told Nanami, sighing heavily as you fell back on the couch. "You alright?" You asked as you spotted him cleaning his wounds.

"Quite busy," he answered. "Surprised you haven't been. Usually you wouldn't be able to make it on such short notice."

"The elders are worrying I'm turning into Satoru," you complained, picking at your nails. "So they want to keep me in the same country as them to keep an eye on me."

Nanami hummed in response. "Satoru was complaining earlier about the elders giving him boring work. Work that was too easy for him, that other people could've done."

You shot up, an offended and irritated look on your face. "They're giving him my work!"

"I assume so," he answered. "Now, Ino-kun found a few cursed spirits from the patch face, so don't call me up."

"Yes sir," you nodded, still thinking about the elders disrespectful behavior towards you. "Don't die on me."

Before closing the door Nanami said, "There's a new bakery that opened near my apartment. We should go some time."

You smiled. "Yeah."