Going;North

Getou's grin was large as he greeted his best friend. "Hey!"

Gojou scowled. "Blegh!" He leaned back in his seat, groaning. "You're kidding me, this sucks!"

Getou rolled his eyes. "Pretty rude thing to say after seeing someone's face."

Gojou huffed as he looked over at Getou. "I've always told my students, 'when you die, you'll be alone.' So please tell me this is just some ridiculous dream."

"Does it matter?" Getou asked.

Gojou rubbed the back of his head furiously. Instead of his usual undercut, there was longer hair. "No shit. There's the stuff with his dad too... But I guess I asked Shoko to handle that."

Getou grinned. "So how was the king of curses?"

Gojou sighed loudly. "Insanely fucking strong! And he wasn't even giving it all he had. Honestly, I don't think I would've won even if he didn't have Megumi's ten shadows."

"I'm shocked anyone could make you admit that," Getou muttered.

"Still I feel kinda sorry for him," Gojou looked down at his feet. "I'm no stranger to feeling isolated. There's always been this gulf between me and other people." Most people. He didn't feel that space with Getou, until he had left. He didn't feel it with you, until you had died.

"You can admire a blooming flower, but you can't ask it to understand you." Gojou clenched his fist. "I put everything I had into trying to reach him. To make him understand. All my physical training, those techniques I mastered... my explosiveness, quick thinking, and attempts at humour... I gave it my all, but it wasn't enough."

Gojou smiled. "I had fun. Sukuna wasn't able to give me his all though. And I think that's a shame."

Getou smiled at his friend, as he leaned his head on his fist, looking over at him. "Well... consider me jealous. At least you had the satisfaction of going out with a bang. You got married to the love of your life too. You lived the best you could."

Gojou hummed to himself, nodding. "Yeah, I did, didn't I? I guess my only disappointment... is that you weren't there, giving me a slap on the back."

Getou smiled, squeezing his eyes shut. Goddamn bastard was about to make him cry, and it had only been a few minutes.

"But I guess I am glad that I died facing a strong opponent. It'd be embaressing if I let some disease or old age get the best of me."

"What are you, a samurai?" Gojou's head turned quickly at the sound of that voice. "Seriously, you should know it's poor taste to think like that in the present."

"Huuuuh?" Gojou drawled.

"Then again, that mindset of yours is probably why you outlived me."

Gojou reached back to poke and scratch at Nanami's head. Haibara smiled brightly as he spoke. "You and Gojo just miscalculated a bit," he reassured Nanami.

"I remember once asking Geto why we can't just leave it all to you." Gojou pouted as Nanami continued. "After all, you never cared about keeping sorcery going or protecting people. You were just in the game because you got a kick out of it."

"Truth is, we all thought that about Gojo! But we couldn't bring it in ourselves to say it outloud!" Haibara exclaimed.

"Why are you bringing it up now then?" Nanami asked.

"Sorrryyyy," Haibara chuckled.

"Well, that feeling about," Nanami continued. "Was proven right by your actions just a few seconds ago." Nanami smiled. "Can't say I approve, but I do sympathize. It was a fitting way for you to go out."