death;unavoidable

"Megumi?" You answered the call, as you wiped your mouth. "What's up, you need anything?"

"We were assigned some work," He answered, and you realized his breaths were slightly uneven.

"Where's Nobara and Itadori?" You asked hurriedly.

"Nobara's being taken to be treated but she's alright and.. Itadori.."

"I'll be right there, if Sukuna comes out, do not fight him, you hear me?"

"Yes sensei."

You spotted Fushiguro outside and ran towards him. "Megumi!" He turned towards you and you quickly placed your hands on his shoulder. "Are you okay? You're not hurt?"

He shook his head. "I'm sure the special grade curse is dead." He answered. "So now we just need Itadori to return safely.."

You flinched a millisecond before your student. Behind you, you felt his presence. "Sorry, but he's not coming back." You felt Fushiguro tense in your hold. "Don't be so frightened," Sukuna sneered. "Let's chat."

Fushiguro and you stayed still as Sukuna walked to face your front.  This was the first time you'd seen him. "This is what he gets for not making a pact." Sukuna looked back at Fushiguro. They seemed to be somewhat acquainted. "Feels like he's having some trouble switching back." Sukuna wrapped his hands around Itadori's uniform, before ripping it off. "Still though.. It's only a matter of time. So.. I thought about what I could do now."

Your eyes widened and you looked around frantically for something sharp, anything sharp; a rock. You quickly grabbed it and slit your hand, but you were too late for Sukuna had already shoved his hand in Itadori's chest and grabbed his heart.

Your heart beat erratically as you saw Itadori's heart still beating in Sukuna's hand. Sukuna's grin was wide. Despite sharing a body with Itadori, when they switched, he seemed like a whole new person. "I'm holding him hostage."

"H-Hostage?" Fushiguro repeated.

"Yeah. I can live without this thing, but that brat can't." He threw Itadori's heart to the side, into the grass. You covered your mouth with the hand that was bleeding, hoping the taste of blood would stop the bile from coming out your mouth.

Sukuna swallowed his own finger, one that he probably got from the special grade curse from before. "Ah~ you should be frightened now. I'm gonna kill you!"

You moved to step in front of Fushiguro but he stopped you. "I know. I'm not letting you both get into trouble. Especially when you're weak."

"Megumi." You answered seriously, despite being shocked by his statement. "I don't care. I'm not letting one of my students fight Sukuna"-

"Sorry sensei!" Fushiguro shoved his finger down your throat, and with how prone you'd become to throwing up, it came out quickly, catching you off guard. And while that happened, his shikigami- a big bird- picked you up and flew away.

"Huh?!" You yelled. "How's he gonna protect himself?!"

Fushiguro had you dropped off at the hospital and the moment you touched the ground, you threw up.. Again. Maybe you had worked so hard on holding it back around Gojou, that when he wasn't around it all came out. Of all the days, why today?

"Kamo senpai!" You were on the ground, and probably looked horribly pathetic, with your hand bleeding, some blood on your mouth mixed with the vomit. Kiyotaka was at your side immediately and helped you get up. "What's wrong?!" He asked frantically.

You took in deep breaths, with long exhales, closing your eyes as he helped you get up. "Where's Satoru?" You asked him. "Have you called him?"

He nodded. "But he isn't answering. Maybe you should"-

"I.." If you called him, he'd find out. If you didn't, Itadori could die. But now he'd surely die, even if he switched back because he has no heart. "No, I won't call him. It'll be over soon anyways. I'll just call Iri-chan."

"He's

"He's... dead?" You asked after Fushiguro told you. The boys lip quivered and he probably didn't trust himself to speak so he nodded. You bit you lip. "I.. I shouldn't have.. I could've. I could've done something. I should have done something. God, why the fuck didn't I move before Sukuna took out his heart, I'm going to kill Sukuna, I swear"-

"Kamo sensei," Fushiguro stopped you, shaking his head. "Gojou-sensei should be here in a few seconds. Compose yourself."

"Who are you telling to compose themselves Fushiguro?" And he was here, leaning against the doorway. Fushiguro looked at Gojou a bit panicky, but you made eye contact with your husband and shook your head. "Take yourself out."

He left the room, Gojou purposefully not moving out of the way so their shoulders brushed. You were confident that his eyes followed Fushiguro until he was out of the hallway. Then, he closed the door and looked at you. "You okay?" He asked, softly.

You bit your lip. "I could've- I was too slow. I could've stopped Sukuna from taking out Itadori's heart, I was just too slow."

Gojou was quickly by your side, resting his chin on your head with your face tucked into his chest. "You want to tell me why?"

"Hm?"

"You usually let your blood spill pretty quickly. Were you hesitant, maybe?"

"Sato.."

"Why were you so hesitant, sweetheart?"