Three; Left

Nothing was fine.

Before you could even see them again, see them safe and happy and smiling, everything went wrong.

Everything was terribly wrong.

So now you were yet again sobbing in Shoko's lap as she mindlessly caressed your head.

"This is it," you choked out through sobs. "We're all that's left."

"Ijichi is getting better," Shoko murmured, her voice almost robotic. She was doing her best to comfort you, but if she didn't go on autopilot mode, Shoko knew she'd go insane. "So, it's not just us."

But still, Shoko thought. It's only the three of us. Not much of a difference.

"Everyone's gone," you cried out, again and again, until you repeated it so much that it soothed you to sleep.

Shoko blinked away tears that were stinging her eyes.

Everyone is gone.

You stood over the two boys, who had been laying down, looking up at the sky as they talked to each other. Satoru flinched at your sudden presence and sat up, glaring at you. "Don't you have something else to do, instead of bothering us!"

"Absolutely not," Shoko said from behind you. "We're bored and there's nothing to do." She took a seat next to Satoru, grunting as she plopped down. "You two have gotten rid of all the curses Y/N could've been practicing on. And no one's getting hurt right now."

"You say that like it's a bad thing," Suguru huffed, shaking his head with a small grin as he sat up as well.

"Well, we won't have to be bored for long," you said as you moved to stand in front of them. "Utahime told me that she'd be tagging along with Mei when she visits today. And Yu and Kento texted me already, their mission went well! Just caught up in traffic."

"See?" Satoru said as he tried kicking at your legs. You moved yours away before trying to stomp on his. He grinned at your furrowed eyebrows and your cute little frown, the grin slightly wavering when he realized that he thought you were cute for a moment. He recovered quickly though. "Everyone's gonna come and make you less bored in like an hour, just entertain yourself instead of bothering your senpais."

"She's not bothering me," Shoko quickly spoke up.

Satoru rolled his eyes at her, "Well, yeah, you're the one who was tagging along with her. I meant Suguru and I"-

"I don't mind either," Suguru smirked. He truly didn't mind, but he knew saying it would annoy Satoru, which made saying the truth all the more entertaining. "I mean, she was my friend before you, if anything you're the bother here."

"Oi?" Satoru questioned, "You're my best friend still, dude. At least take my side for this"-

"Oh, it's Ijichi!" Shoko interrupted, as she called out for the first year as he spluttered, a little far away from the group. He'd been watching for a few moments, not knowing when to interrupt. He sighed a breath of relief when she noticed him. "Come on over!"

Ijichi, still a bit fidgety, came over and stuttered. "Um, Yaga sensei said- well, he needed Satoru. He has an assignment for you."

"Just me?" Satoru questioned, with a frown. "What, Suguru can't come with?"

"I mean- I don't know," Ijichi shrugged, always turned into a nervous mess when Satoru seemed annoyed. "He just asked for you."

Satoru grabbed Suguru by the collar, before falling back on the ground, and pulling Suguru back with him. Suguru grunted as he hit the ground with a shock, but he recovered fast and lifted his hand up to hit Satoru's chest. Shoko leaned over and grabbed his hand before he could do anything.