couch;never

You yawned and dragged your feet to the couch, falling on it since it was the closest thing to you. "Y/N." You shook your jacket off and draped it over yourself like a blanket. "Y/N."

"No," you whined as you snuggled into the couch.

"We need to talk. I need to know what you're hiding from me."

"Nothing," you mumbled, voice muffled even more by the couch. "I just wanna sleep!"

"Y/N." His voice was hard. Strict.

"Satoru." You said, in the same tone, rolling to your back and looking over at him seriously. "I don't want to tell you."

"We're married, you're supposed to tell me everything"-

"No, I'm not." You interrupted. "I love you, and I will tell you.. Eventually. Just give me some time to think. Please."

"So.. you need space?" he asked.

"I.." you thought for a second, before looking up at him. "It would.. It would be nice."

You sat up now, licking your lip nervously as you kept your gaze on his every move. He sighed and took off his blindfold, shoving it in his pockets while he made his way over to you. He crouched beside you, on the couch. "May I carry you?" He asked.

You were confused, but you trusted him, so you nodded. He carefully hooked his hand under you legs and your back, grunting as he picked you up. You still eyed him carefully, as he went to your bedroom, placing you on your shared bed. Then he took his blindfold out of his pocket and placed it over your eyes. "Sato?"

"Trust me. Uh.. do you just want a break or do you.. Do you want to um"-

Oh. He put the blindfold on your so you wouldn't see him being emotional. He'd never done that before. But then again, you'd never asked for space before.

You reached out for him, accidentally hitting his nose. You moved your hands to where his cheeks would be. "No, no, no. Not even a break. Never, okay? Just.. I'm- It's a just me thing by the way. You are in no way the reason that I need to think." Okay, maybe that was kinda a lie. "It's mainly about my family, okay?"

You heard him click his tongue. "What did they- actually, no. I'll give you your time. Do you want me to sleep on the couch?"

"I did before.." You tried to pull of a frown, but it ended up turning into a pout. "But now you're being too sweet. Come here babe."

You opened your arms for him and once you felt him in your embrace, you wrapped your arms around him.

"Sato?" You opened your eyes, and then realized you were still wearing the blindfold. You heard the sound of him shuffling around as he answered.

"Morning sweetheart." You felt him kiss your forehead, and then he slid up your blindfold and you saw him looking down at you with a grin. "I have some work a bit far away. Mind taking care of the kids for me?"

Your heart skipped a beat. "Yeah, of course."