24 - handshake ;percent

You don't know where you went. Running away from the Gojou estate, with your head hurting wasn't your smartest idea in the five years of your life.

You'd eventually stopped running. You stopped at a park, with broken swings and rusty slides. You went to sit on the bench, and realized you had a horrible headache. Reaching your hand up to feel the part that hurt, you realized it was the part that the stupid kid that called you a baby dug his nails into. When you saw your fingers covered in blood you gasped.

A hand suddenly touched your shoulder, and you jumped, the blood on your hand shooting forwards. Your eyes had been shut, so you didn't notice the way it barely cut another childs' face. The kid paused before looking at you. "You're cool!"

"Huh?" you opened your eyes. In front of you was a boy with short black hair. "Who're you?"

"My names Suguru," He gave his hand out. "Getou Suguru."

You stared at his hand confused. You'd never heard of him, so you assumed he was of lower status. Why didn't he bow? You looked up at him to see him urge you with his eyes to do something. Your eyebrows furrowed in confusion, but you poked his hand. He laughed and put his hand down. "Do you know how to handshake?"

"How to what?" You asked.

He gave out his hand again, and then held up yours. You flinched, pulling your hand back. "May I? I wanna teach you." You glared at him. He looked at you confused. "What? I just want to show you a basic form of greeting. I'm sure your dad does it all time with other people."

"Oto-san only bows or looks down upon," you answered quickly.

"That doesn't mean you have to be that way, then." Getou urged. "See how my hand looks? Do that with your right hand."

You mimicked the gesture, cupping your hands in a robotic manner, before looking back at him. "What do I do now?"

"Put your hand in mine." He explained.

"You want to hold my hand?"

Getou seemed taken aback, blushed. He was a young boy, who had a girl asking if he wanted to hold her hand. Of course he blushed. "No! This is a hand shake. Get it?"

"So.." You shoved your robotically cupped hand in his, scratching him with your sharply trimmed nails. Getou hissed, and you looked up at him expectantly, not at all apologetic. He got over the brief pain and gently grasped your hand, so not to startle you, and shook it. "Oh. I get it now."

"Yeah, good job!" He smiled as he drew his hand back, folding both his hands neatly in front of him. While it was because he was a polite boy, it was also because he needed to rub at the hand you scratched him with. It still stung.

You gave your hand out again. Getou looked up at you confused. You again, looked expectant. He slowly gave you his hand, an awkward staring contest between the two of you until he grasped your hand. You gave his hand a little shake this time before quickly pulling away. The little bow of your head was habit. "Kamo Y/N."

Getou, piecing together that you were from more of a noble, formal family, bowed deeply before looking up. "Nice to meet you."

How could you forget where you went? It was where you first met one of your closest friends.

Shit. Another nightmare.

"Sweetie?" Gojou mumbled, as he felt you move his arm away in haste, not bothering to be sneaky. "Are you okay?"

You sighed heavily as you sat at the edge of the bed, head in your hands. "Sorry.." You looked back at him. "Had a nightmare."

"I thought so." You turned forwards again, able to tell he was moving by the small creaks of the bed and the shuffling of him throwing the sheets off. He gently scooted next to you, his head tilted to the side, towards you. Gojou was unbelievably gentle. It made your heart hurt. "You've been having them a lot recently."

Your looked up at him, eyes slightly widening. Getting over the shock, a lazy grin quickly grew on your face, and you let yourself fall on his shoulder. He maneuvered his arm carefully to wrap around you without being a disturbance. "I should've known that you knew."

"I've realized that I should be more observant of everything, since I took in Itadori."

You nodded. "You're right. A lots happened since we've met him. Mind you, things were happening before he came too."

"Of course. It's just a lot more issues at once." Gojou immediately caught onto that mistake, feeling you tense for half a second. It was like he read your mind. "But you know you're not one of those. You're not an issue." You looked up at him, faces only a few centimeters apart. He was absolutely serious. "You're my wife." Then, he grinned. "You're my life." You both chuckled, looking to the ground for a second. Rhyming words were definitely not to be used in heartfelt conversations. He looked back at you.

"Seriously. You're my life. You're never a burden. You're the only person, only thing in the world that I love with all my heart."

You looked at him expectant. You were met with completely serious Gojou. Quite rare. "Really, you're not adding anything?" Gojou looked confused, and he shook his head slightly. "No, only thing I love with all my heart.. Except me? Seriously?"

Gojou smiled. He had the best smile. It reached his eyes. His equally beautiful eyes. "You know me way too well. But," he shook his head, more confident in his answer this time. "No. Not this time. I can't. I mean it, you're the only person I could ever love with my whole heart."

You paused, narrowing your eyes at him. "So.. what percent of your heart doesn't love you?"

Gojou rolled his eyes, smile still etched on his face, and he fell back on the bed, laughing. "And I'm the not serious one!"

"It's a real question!" You protested, as you turned, sitting completely on the bed, a leg laid over Gojou's legs. He raised a brow at you, a cheeky brow raise, accompanied with the stupidly childish smile. You stared into his eyes. "Because whatever percent of you doesn't love you.. I'll make up for it."

Gojou had a look of fake hurt as he looked up at you. "So you don't love me with all your heart like I do?"

"Of course I do," you grinned, bending down, going closer to his face. "So I'll find a way to go above your 100%."