Spiraling; reflection

You sighed, resting your hand atop your face as you laid back on your bed. Things were getting so tiring. You had no idea what was going on, and you'd been arguing with the older women in the clan to allow you to get a chance to attend meetings with the higher ups, but no luck. In the area of the clans estate that you had been put in, it was rare to see anyone who could give you any updates. It was people on the lower end of the family.

You didn't know how much longer you could bear the isolation. You'd only been here a few days, and the only thing you heard about was some sort of culling game. You were extremely excited to hear any sort of new information, and immediately asked the two people what they were talking about, not thinking ahead. Of course, recognizing you, they evaded conversation, and got away from you as quick as possible.

You couldn't get a word out of them.

Last thing you'd heard about was everything that happened at Shibuya. Getou was alive or something, Gojo was sealed and exiled, Yaga was to be executed, anyone who unsealed Gojo would be considered a traitor.

You couldn't check up on anyone because of the control your family had over you. The last time you'd seen anyone you knew was Mark, and he'd had to sneak in to be able to speak to you privately.

You gripped onto your hair, feeling yourself spiral. "I can't even see anyone I care about, I wanted to make sure the kids were safe but now I can't!"

Mark hugged you, patting your back. "I'm sorry."

You couldn't even cry anymore. Your throat was dry. "I thought my family would have no control over me, especially without my dad," you admitted, scoffing. "Look how wrong I was. I have no control over myself, I'll never have any control."

Your arms fell to your side, but Mark quickly grabbed your hands and held them up in his. "You will have control," he said firmly, looking you in the eye. "You do have control. It's just that right now, for all of us, it feels like it's slipping away. But we'll fight through it and get it back, yeah?"

"Yeah," you huffed. "We'll see."

You sighed again, and stood up, off your bed. You'd placed old voice recorders in hallways, in areas of the Kamo residency you could sneak into. Everyone was on high alert, what with everything going on right now, so it was hard to do much sneaking. You'd been able to do it of course. Between you and your husband, you were the quieter one (he, however, probably wouldn't struggle with any sneaking, what with his stealth), but you still found the work exhausting.

Tomorrow you'd have to replace those and pick up the ones you placed. More work.

You had to not act suspicious, as well, which was the hardest obstacle. Should you show your emotions and your obvious distaste for everyone? That would show everyone that you weren't hiding anything. It could make them think you were scheming for their downfall, though. Or should you act like you're willingly obeying them? That could also make them trust you more, if you went back to your old ways, but no way you would get over everything they'd done that easily.

You decided to mix the two.

A knock was heard at your door. You were used to this by now. "I'll be right there!" You called out.

"Don't be late," was all the elder woman sternly said before you heard her footsteps walking away.

"Of course I won't ," you mumbled, fixing your appearance in front of the mirror. "I just said I'd be right there." You stared at your reflection for longer than you'd wanted to. As you fixed up yourself, you stopped midway.

The person in that reflection was exactly what you'd been trying to avoid.

You were living the future you didn't want.

{ omg look everyone it's an update }