28 - chapel; punch

The four of you dashed through the hallways. "Where's Amanai?" Gojou asked Kuroi.

"It's time for her music class now, so either the music room or the chapel," she answered.

"The chapel?!' You and Gojou yelled in unison. It would've been laughable, have you not been in this situation.

"It depends on the teacher," Kuroi explained. Getou ordered for Gojou to head to the chapel, you and Kuroi for the music room, while he went to the intruders.

The four of you ran different directions, Getou splitting from the group. "That's why I told her to stay close, that brat!" Gojou muttered

"I'm sorry, I even told her to keep us updated with texts," Kuroi apologized.

"Will you be able to find the chapel on your own?" You asked him as Kuroi ran in the direction of the music room.

"Don't worry you're ugly head about it!," Gojou yelled back as he ran forwards.

You hesitated before running in Kuroi's direction. You stopped when you saw her run out of the room and past you. It was easy to piece that she wasn't in the music room. You quickly got on her tail. "If Gojou's got her, she's in safe hands," you begrudgingly reassured her as you both ran.

"I know!" She ran even faster. "But I have to make sure."

"Stop," you whispered, holding out your arm in front of her. The back of a man with a paper bag over his head watched Gojou ran away with Riko. You're eyes were so focused on those two, you didn't realize how enraged Kuroi was beside you until she spoke.

"Are you with the time vessel association?" She glared at them. "Those associated with Q.. wear pretty strange clothing after all."

He looked back you both. "Civilians? If you wanna kill me, then hurry up."

Kuroi ran ahead, and got punched in the face, but got her broom in between in his legs and hit him in the balls. Always an effective blow. "Don't you dare do anything to my lady," she warned. "Or I'll kill you."

"Wow, you're strong," Getou commented from behind you. You were still stuck where you stood.

"He called me a civilian," you muttered.

Getou chuckled, ruffling your hair as you went over your life decisions, before asking. "Where's Riko?"

"She left the school with Gojou-sama," Kuroi answered. You didn't think he deserved that type of respect but didn't comment. Your sarcastic remarks weren't needed in dire situations, nor were they ever wanted by your family.

"Then we should follow them, things are getting a little hairy," Getou commented as he took out his phone. That's when the man, or creature you know assumed, disappeared.

"A shikigami?!" Kuroi exclaimed.

"No, not a shikigami," Getou answered calmly. "Satoru." Getou explained the situation, and you and Kuroi quietly listened, sharing brief worried glances. There was a bounty of 30 million yen on Amanai with a time limit on a dark website for curse users. The time limit was until tomorrow, 11am.

"I'm going to go ahead," you informed Kuroi as Getou talked with Gojou. He nodded at you, as a sign to tell you to go.

"Oi, weren't you supposed to be her babysitter?" Gojou snarled at you, as you made it onto the roof.

"What?"-

"Kuroi got kidnapped!" Riko exclaimed, fists clenched. She stared at the ground.

"What?" Riko lifted up her phone, to show you the picture of Kuroi tied up. "I- I left before she and Getou did"-

Getou came up on the roof, while you spoke, and the three of you immediately turned to him. "Kuroi got kidnapped," Gojou briefed.

"What?" Getou asked, in disbelief.

"Is that all you two know how to say," Gojou mumbled, glancing back and forth between you both.

Getou ignored him and rubbed his forehead. "Sorry, it's my fault. I didn't take into consideration, Kuroi's importance to the enemy."

"Is that right?" Gojou asked, sighing. "It's not a big deal. The enemy is probably going to try and take advantage of this hostage situation and demand a trade of Amanai for Kuroi. Or probably something like, if we don't kill Amanai, they'll kill Kuroi. Since we have Amanai, we have the upper hand. We just need to coordinate a meeting place, we can handle the rest. For now, we'll take Amanai to jujutsu high. Maybe we can get Shoko or Kamo to act as a double"-

"Wait!" Amanai interrupted. "I'm going too! I can't trust you guys with this!"

Gojou glared down at her. "You brat. Do you realize the situation you're- fuck!" Gojou's glare moved to you when you punched him - quite lightly may you add- in the gut. "What was that for Kam"-

"Let her talk," you ordered, urging Riko to continue.

"Even if you rescue her.." she started, hesitant. "What happens if Kuroi isn't back before the merger? I still.." Her eyes watered, and she gripped onto her skirt. "Haven't even said goodbye to her!"

You glanced up at Gojou. He looked away, gaze up at the sky. "We'll be getting a call from the kidnappers soon. If they're smarter than we thought and if taking you means Kuroi's chance of survival decreases, we're gonna leave you behind."

Kuroi wiped away the tear about to fall from her eye. "Understood!"

Gojou glared down at her once more. "And don't even try backing out halfway. We don't care if you're scared, got it?"

"Way to sound all intimidating," you muttered under your breath.

Getou had to put his hand on Gojou's shoulder to stop him from punching you.